Was downloading Now not downloading.

ozgecho

I was downloading this file last night fine. Only had a couple of hours to go when I shut my machine down and then went to continue tonight and it just sits there. No idea at all. I could spend hours going through all the threads but as this is not something I do all the time I thought I could rely on someone who is alot more knowledgable about this than I am to help by either telling me what is wrong or pointing me in the right direction of where I can find the info. Am I able to attach a screen shot to a message.

Thanks

I had another thought. I remembered I had set port forwarding up in my router so the port number was different to utorrent. I put the new port number into the port forwarding area. I also checked to see that the firewall exception was ticked and checked the windows firewall also had the exception in its list as well. So after finding these things weren't set up I thought I had found something but it still isn't communitcating so still needing someone's help.

FOUND THE PROBLEM

I turned off the windows firewall and still wouldn't connect.

I turned off the McAfee firewall and it all reconnected virtually straight away.

Not sure why this happened. Have had a look in McAfee but so far haven't seen how to configure McAfee to pass stuff through for Utorrent.

uTorrent was working fine for me and then last week McAfee did a 'program' update after which when I tried to use uTorrent it would flash on and off. I downloaded the 3.0 beta and I had to end up turning off the firewall in McAfee and it worked ok. When I first started uT3 I allowed full acces in McAfee but it did not work. I tried again a couple of days later and uT worked ok but now it is back to the flashing screen, even though I have just managed a download. Anyone have any idea of what McAfee may have done in the last upgrade???

Archived