Torrent Clients (utorrent, transmission, etc) WILL NOT OPEN on my Mac

I've downloaded bittorrent, utorrent and transmission and they won't open! I click on them and they flash in the dock for a second before disappearing and nothing happens. No error message or nothing. All my other application work fine. If they are for the wrong OS, then there's usually a message. I do have OS X 10.4.11 for what it's worth, but Im sure that's not the problem in and of itself.

I think my computer might have a bug that's preventing them from opening, which is unusual and probably illegal somehow. I can understand an ISP stopping an actual torrent download from happening, but why the hell won't ANY client open? OR is Apple/itunes responsible some how? I've heard of weird activities being allowed when you agree to itunes conditions (other than agreeing to be a human centipede, ha)

I do have OS X 10.4.11

uTorrent REQUIRES 10.5.x or higher. Period.

Ok, maybe, though it usually won't even let me install it if that's the case. And that's beside the point, which was that all clients aren't working, even the ones that are the compatible versions for my operating system.

I do have OS X 10.4.11

uTorrent REQUIRES 10.5.x or higher. Period.

Ok' date=' [i']maybe, though it usually won't even let me install it if that's the case. And that's beside the point, which was that all clients aren't working, even the ones that are the compatible versions for my operating system.

When you are "installing" utorrent, you are just copying the app bundle to the applications folder. OSX would only know if it was compatible or not when you tried to run the app.

And to be fair there must be some other issue on your system if other clients that are compatible with your version of OSX aren't working. I would reckon you would need to ask for help on the forums of those other clients.

Archived