Program to remove or stop finished downloads

Sanity

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sexus I actually have 3 retail versions of Windows 7 at home. I've installed it before and used it for awhile and don't like it as much as Windows XP. Anyways when I get a chance I will look into the latest Windows 7 crash issue. Bill1426, maybe it could a privilege issue with Windows 7. If your not logged in as an administrator try that. Also .net is not needed at all.

I installed Windows 8 consumer preview and I'm not experiencing any crashes. Matter of fact uTorrent Helper is running very well. And I do realize it's not Windows 7. Bill1426 are you using IPv4 or IPv6 for your internet? Also could you tell me which version of uTorrent you are using. Thanks.

OK I gave it a try... Still crashed..

In the event log I get a faulting module.. (same module error on win 7 & vista)

Faulting application name: uTorrentHelper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x503c21bd

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00034263

Faulting process id: 0x1230

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd84e4821bf245

Faulting application path: C:\Downloads\uTorrentHelper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: cff19741-f0d7-11e1-b1f9-00226bbf1b25

well ive further tested your latest build and by adding like say 20 or more torrents to my list and loading up utorrenthelper it immediately crashes, odd , hope this can be fixed , perhaps this was even in the previous build just havent downloaded more than a couple the last time :(

Bill1426 can you confirm whether or not your issue is the same issue that sexus now has. Also can you two test run the following test version? There is no fix but I've added some debugging to try to isolate where the crash may being occurring. I need to know the number of the last message box that pops up right before the crash occurs. Thank you.

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-b3a78b29.html

Still get an error in module ntdll.dll

Faulting application Helper.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x50434167, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18541, time stamp 0x4ec3e3d5, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00066e5f, process id 0x15c4, application start time 0x01cd89043f62d29a.

Sent you a private message..

Just an update on what I've been looking into. I've identified the issue sexus is having in regards to crashing. uTorrent is sending information back to uTorrent Helper in sections instead of all at once. So I'm working on properly processing the incoming information when it comes in sections. This issue only shows up when uTorrent has approximately 20 or more torrents in it's list. uTorrent will only send a maximum of 8192 bytes at once, and then will send the remainder if there is any.

I will probably send bill142 another test build. This is only to test crashing issues unrelated to what sexus is experiencing.

Ok so what number are you putting in the timer spot? You will need to wait for as many seconds as you list in the timer spot before you will notice that utorrent helper will remove any torrents. I changed the default behavior so that when utorrent helper is enabled it does not remove or stop any torrents until the timer has elapsed. The only reason I mention this is to double check things before I dig further.

Archived