Program to remove or stop finished downloads

Sanity

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay that just means there was a problem parsing data returned from uTorrent. Unfortunately not all uTorrent versions returns the information the same way, and adjustments need to be made to accommodate that.

I would need to know 3 things to fix this problem:

1. The uTorrent version are you using, including the build number. This information can be obtained within uTorrent, by selecting Help on the menu and then About uTorrent.

2. Approximately how many torrents did you have listed in uTorrent?

3. What torrent or torrents were they. The reason I need this is because some torrents have special characters etc they use in the name causing parsing problems. I understand there could be reluctance to provide this information. Maybe you provide a link via email to the torrent or torrents.

If you would prefer not to do that. Can you please test this test build 2 please?

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/9b694b24

Let me know how it works for you. I believe I've come up with a solution for the above issue.

Thanks.

Hi!

Thank you for uTorrent Helper.

I had been trying uTorrent Helper, with mixed results.

I moved to 3.3.2 build 30488 + webUI 0.388 (last available). XP SP3

I tried 3.0, 3.0 delta 1 and 3.0 delta 2

All stated "connected", but finished torrents were not removed.

Then I tried something different: webui.token_auth false, selected a new torrent, and all worked.

Later on ... it did not worked any longer. The difference? The one was a manually added torrent, while the ones that are not working are selected by RSS downloader.

It seems that webui.token has nothing to do (but I did not change it back to true), but that it only manages to remove non RSS added torrents ...

Can you check?

Thanks again,

CT

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

azdps,

Thank you for making a working program that interacts with uTorrent. Every other script and program I have found has failed miserably. I have a problem though, when the RSS downloader gets the torrent, your program doesn't delete it, but when I manually download a torrent, it does delete it at the 1 minute interval. Can you update it so that it clears finished downloads that were initiated with the RSS downloader?

Edit:

I decided not to wait and made a python script that deletes once any download reaches 100%. If you are having the RSS feed problems, download mine here, have pythonw.exe execute it after each download finishes and the torrents should be removed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

azdps,

Thank you for making a working program that interacts with uTorrent. Every other script and program I have found has failed miserably. I have a problem though, when the RSS downloader gets the torrent, your program doesn't delete it, but when I manually download a torrent, it does delete it at the 1 minute interval. Can you update it so that it clears finished downloads that were initiated with the RSS downloader?

Edit:

I decided not to wait and made a python script that deletes once any download reaches 100%. If you are having the RSS feed problems, download mine here, have pythonw.exe execute it after each download finishes and the torrents should be removed.

I get the error TypeError: 'str' object is not callable with uTorrent 2.2.1 build 25302 (the one right before it went crappy).

• 1 month later...

I've just installed it, so for it works, but have not been thoroughly tested. Thank you. 

Thanks for the input.

This is due to the RSS feed.  Tried on 2.x and 3.x and they remove the torrents fine when manually added but never from a RSS feed.

arataranain you are obviously using the script David Floy created which is unrelated to uTorrent Helper. If anyone is having issues with his script please start a separate post.

2.2.1 isn't supported by us anymore. You're on your own if you want to insist on using old unsupported versions.

Strange reply since David Floy's script isn't created by the uTorrent developers. I still happen to use uTorrent 2.2.1 build 25302 as well.

I just released uTorrent Helper 4.0 today October 3rd, 2015. I made code modification changes which should help with stability. With the changes I've made any uTorrent version older than uTorrent 2.2.1 build 25302 might not work. Also there's known security vulnerabilitie(s) in uTorrent 1.6 and and some older versions as well so I wouldn't recommend using those versions anyways.

I've looked into RSS feed torrents and how uTorrent handles them and it shouldn't be that difficult of a task to add support for them. I will try to find the time.

screenname reported an issue related to when a computer comes out of sleep mode. I haven't looked into this but plan on it soon.

Please provide feedback for uTorrent Helper 4.0. I've only tested it on Windows 7 and 8.

• 2 months later...

well im still using utorrent 2.2.1 build 25130, and your utorrent helper 4.0 seems to have an issue after a single removal operation of a completed torrent , all following completed torrents wont remove upon completion anymore with the following message in utorrent helper , http open request failed ,

this stays until i disable and enable utorrent helper , and again it will after one removal operation show the same message in utorrent helper , please fix this issue, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sexus I had been working on a new version but moved on to other interests. Try this version new 4.1 Beta version. I added RSS feed support so it should work fine. I wouldn't use this on anything other than utorrent 2.2.1 as testing on the newer uTorrent versions would cause issues. I'm not concerned about supporting anything beyond v2.2.1 at this point.

After visiting the link below make sure you uncheck "Download with Secure Download Manager" to download the file directly. Otherwise the site ends up trying to get you to download their download manager.

uTorrent Helper 4.1 Beta

Let me know how this turns out for you.

Archived