Torrents disappear after seeding

OzSnk

I am new to utorrent and torrents in general so i apologize in advance if my question is trivial. And I did search the forum for an answer to no avail.

I had downloaded about a dozen torrents and the associated files completed with no problem. I pointed my "auto load" to the file that the torrents were in so that I could seed them for others. first all the torrents were changed to have "loaded" added to the end of their file extension and after a restart utorrent said it could not find those files. I tried removing the "loaded" from the end of the file extension. When I did this the torrent would disappear from the folder it was in.

I then deleted all the torrents with "loaded" attached to them, downloaded a new torrent, loaded it to seed. I had the window that the torrent was saved to open and once it was seeding the torrent disappeared.

Now, If once the file is downloaded and I dont need the torrent then thats fine, but if I am understanding correctly, to do my part in seeding, i need to have the torrents to load dont I?

This is all somewhat confusing and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Additional Info if needed:

When I D/L a Torrent I save it to F:\Torrent

While the file is Dowloaded the file goes to F:\Completed DL

The torrent for the finished d/l moves to F:\ Completed Torrents

and the "atuo load" Torrents also points to F:\Completed Torrents

Even though the Torrent disappears from the folder, it still continues to seed in uTorrent until I restart the program, then it can not find the file.

Thank you for the reply,

So I created another Folder called Autoload and put a copy of all of the Torrents in there. I unchecked the "delete loaded torrents" box in the options. Now, all of the torrents in that folder have the "loaded" attached to the end of the file extension and seem to be auto loading (after pointing the autoload option to that folder" even after restarting utorrent. So I guess my only question then would be if I D/L more torrents and wish to continue to seed them them even after shutting down, then I will have to make a copy of each torrent I want to seed and put it in that autoload folder right? It seems if I do not then once I down load it will automatically seed until I restart and then (since a copy would not be in the auto load folder) it would not seed again the next time I load up utorrent.

then I will have to make a copy of each torrent I want to seed and put it in that autoload folder right?

No.

It seems if I do not then once I down load it will automatically seed until I restart and then (since a copy would not be in the auto load folder) it would not seed again the next time I load up utorrent.

No, this is not how uTorrent behaves.

For normal operation, the .torrent storage options don't need to be changed from the defaults. Don't delete the .torrent files before removing the tasks from uTorrent and everything will be handled automatically.

Ok, Sorry if I seem dense but let me make sure I am understanding.

So everything under "location of .torrents should just be left unchecked? even the auto load?

I know you said not to have it autoload from the same folder my torrents are stored in so I am not understanding how it will have torrents to autoload if I dont manually put a copy of them in the autoload folder. I realize that it is probably a lot simpler than I am making it out to be. Here is a SS of how i currently have it configured if that helps

utorrentSS.jpg

So everything under "location of .torrents should just be left unchecked? even the auto load?
Unless you specifically need the autoload function (which you don't if you're loading from websites) uTorrent will function properly with all of those options left unchecked. Even if you are saving the .torrent files before opening them in uTorrent, you don't need to use the autoload function. You can just file -> add torrent or associate uTorrent with .torrent files and double-click them in windows explorer.

Ok, Thank you so much for the help. I was under the impression that when I downloaded a file it automatically seeded but after restarting utorrent the only way I could seed would be to have the auto load function checked or manually go in and add each torrent each time I started utorrent. I just wanted to make sure I was doing my part in seeding. Thanks again!

Archived