Need help restoring torrents after formatting

fer_mf

Hey there, I'm new here.

This is the first time I'm having this problem.

I download all my torrents in a drive different from the one where Windows is installed, and I never really had problems reinstalling uTorrent after a format C: and resuming my downloads, but this time, uTorrent won't recognize all the folders that were being used, nor the downloads, nor the percentages, nothing.

I installed the program in the same location I had it before formatting (in the same drive where my Torrents are stored), but that did not help.

I was wondering if there's any way to tell uTorrent that the incomplete downloads are still there, and that it should resume them.

No, I don't have the .torrent files. I never store them, but after this little problem, I will begin storing them xD

I have another question, let's say that I find manually all the torrents that I was downloading, and I tell uTorrent to download them again, will it recognize that the files are already on the disc and continue with the ones that are incomplete?

Thanks!

I have another question, let's say that I find manually all the torrents that I was downloading, and I tell uTorrent to download them again, will it recognize that the files are already on the disc and continue with the ones that are incomplete?

Assuming you follow the steps in the migration guide in the documentation section of this site, yes.

Ok, I found the guide.

It's not going to be easy, specially because I don't have the original .torrent files, and I don't use the .ut extension either.

So I'll have to browse file by file and then look for the .torrents online to see if I can get them back.

Thanks a lot ^^

Archived