µTorrent and keyboard shortcuts

I often want to sort my torrent downloads so that I can prioritize the order of the downloads, but the only way to reorder torrent that I can find is to select a download, then rclick, then use the menu to 'move up' or 'move down'. I've tried every combination I can think of of command and modifiers with both arrows, +/- and brackets, but nothing works to move the items in the queue.

I would very much like to see these bound to keyboard shortcuts. I would also like to see the rclick operate on the clicked file, and not on whatever file happens to be selected, even if that file is not displayed on the screen.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems like uTorrent has been designed with a mouse in mind. It's keyboard shortcuts are few and hidden, such as moving torrents up/down lists.

Also, the only way to edit a RSS feed item—smart or otherwise—is to right click on it (as far as I know). Why can't I use ⌘-I like I can in iTunes. The use cases are exactly the same. In fact the contextual menu for RSS items is full of functions that should have keyboard shortcuts and/or buttons below the list.

• 11 months later...

Can anybody tell me what the various icons in the left columns indicate?

Mostly, they are blue "down" arrows, some with red "down" arrows (but those are downloading with good speeds!) and most troubling, I have several items that are displaying "red stop-sign-with-exclamation-mark" icons, that WERE downloading just fine, but I paused all downloads for a few minutes (as utorrent hogs ALL the bandwidth, even if it's only using <500KB/sec....)

Anyhow, when I restarted all the downloads, several displayed these stop-sign icons, with status listed as "ERROR: File missing" even though I haven't moved anything... How do I fix this?

Please Advise! :-)

Archived