[Solved] Need to download files again?

GeekyQc

This misadventure started when I deleted a couple files by inadvertence. I recovered one through an undelete program but the other was lost unless I shelled hundreds of dollars for data recovery. :lol: I placed the recovered file in the right sub-directory, the other files were already in the other sub (directory), and I started the download.

I got the error "Element not found" then followed the instructions of Element not found; accidentally deleted file and deleted resume.dat & resume.dat.old (in post #4).

The problem I'm now facing is that all the files I have seem like they will be re-downloaded. I'm positive that the first files (in the filename order, which also had priority order) were fully downloaded but the last ones seem to miss some parts but are mostly downloaded (I could very well watch the videos missing some small parts).

I'd like that pieces be checked before being downloaded. I did what stated in the linked thread re-checking the torrent (post #7) but the whole files (in the torrent) seem not to be downloaded (are fully pale blue instead of the expected mostly strong blue (with some pale)). For now I'm skipping those files but I'd really like them to be verified that their parts match the checksum.

Please show me how uTorrent may recognize the successfully downloaded file parts so it will only download the missing/corrupted parts. Thank you for your help.

Update1: Marked as solved.

Follow the migration guide from the documentation section of our site.

I went on the documentation page and what seemed mostly appropriate was

µTorrent Help File (.chm)

Download the µTorrent help file here.

so I simply used the torrent help file (by pressing F1) and ended up in
µTorrent User Manual > Chapter 03: Advanced Guides

Migrating to Another Location

and the most appropriate section was Moving Torrent Contents and it turn out that I need to re-check the files which I already did as stated in the OP. Unless I misunderstood something, this doesn't allow me to further integrate the successfully downloaded parts of the files.

Unless I misunderstood something, this was already done as mentioned in the OP: after deleting resume.dat & resume.dat.old, the torrent list was empty so I went into C:\Users\MY_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent (under Windows Vista) and double-clicked the appropriate torrent file then the file list loaded but all of them has their Pieces progress bar empty (in pale blue).

What I'd like is the files (content) be verified so that their successfully downloaded pieces be marked as so in the progress bar (in strong blue).

Were you downloading to the same folder as your default?

If you mean the same folder as before the accidental file (content) deletion, then: Yes.

Did you have the .ut! extension enabled?

I don't remember back then but ATM, there's only .torrent under the file name (prefix) in uTorrent data folder.

I don't remember back then but ATM, there's only .torrent under the file name (prefix) in uTorrent data folder.

And what about the partial downloads themselves? do they have .!ut extensions?

All point that there's none.

http://imagebin.org/152746

http://imagebin.org/152747

I'd leave a test listing but Windows Vista give me an error:

>cd *.!ut

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Sorry to use such a highly rotating site (the images will likely be unavailable withing a couple hours) but this isn't my usual nickname as I don't want to associate it (usual nickname) with torrent downloading ; I would register to a image hosting site that would have no expiration limit as otherwise I'd rarely log in thus would have to register again and again...

It's the individual files themselves not the folder

Besides, it's supposed to be "dir /b /s" not "cd" that you use to find files.

Thanks, I'm not so used to command. The GUI search tool images show that there's no such files.

The uTorrent data folder:

C:\Users\MY_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent>dir /b /s *.!ut

File Not Found

The content folder:

>dir /b /s *.!ut

File Not Found

fuuuuuuuuuuuu_This_Shit_Ruined_My_Day-s516x399-70813-580.jpg

I realised my f%?$ing problem! And I'm sorry to this community. I had very low space in one of my drives a few days ago so moved them to another one temporarely while I burned some DVD and forgot to move them back. I'm so f*?$ing stupid! :mad: I really need to use Mozilla Lighting more to add extra amount of already plenty tasks. *sigh*

I was right on something: the files were 92-95% completed so it would have been a useless redownload.

Update1: I was positive things were as usual: that I didn't move the file like 99% of the time. Sorry again.

Update2: I'm really glad uTorrent keep my torrents in its data folder. :D

Archived