Date Modified Changing

cjb110

The date modified on the files/folders is being changed, despite no changes actually occurring, i.e. on completed torrents.

I can replicate by pausing all torrents, and on restarting the date changed on about 10-12 files/folders.

Actually it just does it during normal operation as its just done it again!

Very annoying, as nothing's relevant (to me, i.e. the files in the torrent) has been changed. It also makes it quite difficult to find torrents in the folder (if you have a single destination folder like me)

• 4 months later...

Hello, I registered to say that this is still an issue with the latest 3.0 build 25756. Seeding a torrent will change the files' Date Modified to the current date and time. Force Re-Check will also change the files' Date Modified to the current date and time. The files aren't actually changed, as far as I can tell.

Utorrent 2.2.1 build 25302 does not change the files' Date Modified when seeding or performing Force Re-Check, which I think is the correct behavior.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still not fixed in 3.0 build 26473.

I think it may also be related, but in the 2.x series if I downloaded a torrent and pointed it to a directory that had most of the files matching the ones in it, and told it to force check, that would be an easy way to spot the misnamed files. Now in 3.0 any misnamed files are recreated with empty versions. So I end up with two copies of the files, one with the right content and wrong name, the other with the right name and full of zeroes.

It is really like 3.0 is 'touch'ing all files as it checks them. Existing files get their modification times bumped, and missing files are created.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Just discovered this bug when I rechecked a load of torrents after moving the data to a different partition. Very annoying as my backup software uses the timestamp and now wants to copy everything again! Was using 3.2.x

Welcome to the club. My backup software works the same way. I suggest going back to the last version of 2.2.1. I'm not sure if any version of 3.x works properly.

• 5 months later...
2013 and utorrent STILL changes file times and dates for no reason (the whole force recheck is hopelessly broken on all 3.x versions)

How about giving some useful explanation and repro-steps instead of a useless declaration?... and with 3.3.1 please ...

2013 and utorrent STILL changes file times and dates for no reason (the whole force recheck is hopelessly broken on all 3.x versions)

How about giving some useful explanation and repro-steps instead of a useless declaration?... and with 3.3.1 please ...

Explanation and repro steps are in post #6 among others:

"Seeding a torrent will change the files' Date Modified to the current date and time. Force Re-Check will also change the files' Date Modified to the current date and time. The files aren't actually changed, as far as I can tell."

Archived