Mac is not letting me close utorrent?

So I need to restart my computer so I can do software updates, but it won't let me shut down or restart until utorrent is closed. I have tried quitting utorrent multiple times but it won't do anything. I went to the finder to try and close it and even uninstall it but nothing. At this point I would just like to uninstall it and be done with it. I've had utorrent on my Mac for about 6 or 7 months and it hasn't given me problems until now. Anyone know what to do?

• 2 weeks later...
So I need to restart my computer so I can do software updates, but it won't let me shut down or restart until utorrent is closed. I have tried quitting utorrent multiple times but it won't do anything. I went to the finder to try and close it and even uninstall it but nothing. At this point I would just like to uninstall it and be done with it. I've had utorrent on my Mac for about 6 or 7 months and it hasn't given me problems until now. Anyone know what to do?

You can always, if any program hangs, open the Activity Monitor and force quit the process representing given program. Many programs do hang sometimes, and it might be a good thing to know how to go around the usual ways of shutting down a program when that happens.

Archived