Re-checking files almost always shows corruption

terroh8er

I'm not sure if this is where to post this. However, I am having an issue. I just moved about 25 torrents around without changing the location through utorrent first, so I had to do a Force Re-check on all of them after changing the location. I noticed that almost every single one (perhaps even every one) would go down to 99.9% or so and there were always red blocks (as opposed to green, showing it is OK) at the beginning of the first file and the end of the last file. The torrents are in RAR archives and they were all 100% complete before I moved them. There were also two that had big chunks of red blocks in a few files in the middle, but I believe I had watched them without any issue before. There were definitely torrents which had the corruption (I assume?) at the beginning and end which I had unRAR'd and watched with no problems at all. Is this a problem with my hard drive or a bug in uTorrent? Thanks

Well, in this case, I deleted sample files because it was distracting when using my HTPC. Before re-checking, I skipped those samples. However, I'm certain that it isn't only from missing small files as the "Files" part in uTorrent clearly shows red in the beginning of the first listed .rar archive (.r00 because of alphanumerical order) and generally the last part of the last file (.rar). It is only a tiny sliver of red, presumably a single block, and it is at the very beginning and end of the files.

Often times it will only take a couple of seconds for it to finish, but if it's my hard drive, I'd like to know before it fails or something. Thanks

Archived