Download Stalls

dingodancer

Hey only new to this and to date no problems. However I have a particular download which reaches 71.2% then stalls to a 0.x kB/s speed and stays there. Leading up to the stall, the number of blocks in the 'Pieces' box reduces until the box is void of blocks. I am only downloading selected parts of a torrent. Anyway it is the first time I have encountered this issue and wonder how to resolve it and complete the download.

Thanks

Ok. Is availability determined by who might be on line at the time, or parts of the torrent are missing etc.

guess the question is what changes availability. Last night it was 0.085, this morning it is 0.495. Do I wait and one day availability will improve or do I abort the mission and source alternative torrents. By the way, I appreciate your responding, thanks.

Hey thanks for your help explaining it all mate. I can sort of see how it all relates now. I actually went back to where I originally sorced the torrent link and found there is an issue with others over time trying to complete this particular download....guess I should have looked there first, would have saved me a lot of frustration. appreciate you taking the time to reply, thanks.

Archived