U torrent 3.0 BUILD 25273 CAUSES CPU TO 100 PERCENT AND DOES NOT WORK

bobbybv15

Hey guys Idk if you guys are also having the same problem but after downloading the latest u torrent 3.0 build 25273 Ive noticed its giving a huge problem. When trying to download a torrent the CPU goes up to 100 percent and cause u torrent not to respond. It does this every time and does not let you download anything. Is there any solution? Or would I have to wait for a new update?

Got same here with the now-current version 3.0.25277, under 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

I start it like usual, the interface would respond for a while. Then all of a sudden the interface stops responding, and one of CPU cores gets to 100% (25% CPU load on a quad core Q9550).

If I had "minimize to icon" option on, the icon when pointed at displays the popup window, but click doesn't restore main window.

All previous versions worked very well, never any problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same problem on Windows 2003 Server (WHS actually). I've un-installed 3.0 and gone back to 2.2.1. Fact is, 3.0 has been problematic in all versions for me. Within 30 seconds of launch I can see Hardware Interrupts begin climbing into the 20s-30s when normally it is less than 1. Only happens when utorrent runs. Doubt it is hardware as a full backup of the 8 TB of storage I have was successful and caused no increase in interrupts or CPU > 20%.

Right now, I can't see upgrading unless this is resolved. It completely renders my machine dormant and it takes many attempts at Remote desktop to get in and kill uTorrent. Soon as it is killed the machine returns to normal.

Oddly enough, on my Win7 64 bit Ultimate machine it doesn't seem to have a problem.

Hardware on the problem machine is an HP MediaSmart 485 with 2 Gig if memory. As I said, 2.2.1 runs flawlessly.

Archived