added torrent does not appear in the torrent list in utorrent

wallacehead

I added a torrent to utorrent with the add torrent button. But it does not appear in the torrent list at all, not downloading or qued or anything else. It I select it again from the add torrent button, utorrent tells me that the torrent I am trying to add is already in the list of torrents?

Why doesn't it show up, and is there any chance this is a torrent I really don't want on my computer?

Mystery solved. My paranoid suspicions were I had gotten some malicious torrent doing who knows what. I am sorry but I have very little experience with bittorrents. And I recently had an unpleasant experience with a virus - without clicking on anything remotely suspicious.

Anyway, I used BEncode editor to look at the torrent file in question (much larger than all my other torrents - another reason to be suspicious.) And in the torrent file, the name of the torrent is defined as something different than the torrent file name. I was looking for something in my list that reflected the filename of the torrent. Looking for the name I find with the editor, it is there.

Thanks for your patience.

Archived