Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dfknight

Fedora 14 - 64-bit libssl error

Hi, I'm trying to install utorrent on Fedora 14 (64-bit). It's giving me the following error:

./utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've tried creating symbolic links (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=99004) and It's still giving me the same error. Can someone help me out?

Can you then provide the 'whereis' output for libcrypto and and libssl in your system? I assume that you have already installed openssl-devel too.

For libcrypto and libssl

[root@home dfknight]# whereis libcrypto
libcrypto: /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so
[root@home dfknight]# whereis libssl
libssl: /usr/lib/libssl3.so /usr/lib/libssl /usr/lib64/libssl3.so /usr/lib64/libssl.so

As for openssl-devel

[root@home dfknight]# yum install openssl-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Adding en_US to language list
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* fedora: mirrors.servercentral.net
* rpmfusion-free: mirror.liberty.edu
* rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.liberty.edu
* rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.liberty.edu
* rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.liberty.edu
* updates: www.muug.mb.ca
Setting up Install Process
Package openssl-devel-1.0.0d-1.fc14.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

ln -s /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
ln -s /usr/lib/libssl3.so /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

The second line may have to be changed. If you see any errors, post it in its entirely here.

That doesn't seem like a command that'll work in fedora. And how do I install 32-bit runtimes? I haven't seen any mention of this up until now so I assumed they were already installed.

For installing 32bit versions

just use yum search

yum search openssl

which provides you opnenssl.i686

openssl-devel.i686

then install with

yum install openssl.i686 openssl-devel.i686

finally

whereis libssl

and after learning exact name like /usr/lib/libssl.xxxx.so then create symbolic link to it as asellus showed.

@accfews: Thanks for your response but I don't use fedora anymore. It's been a while since I asked this question and I'm sure there are others who might find that information useful, but it doesn't serve any purpose to be at this point.

To Mods: Please close this topic at your convenience.

Thanks,

DFKnight

I think its useful to keep the topic open as other users may get the same issue.

FYI I had the same errors on 64-bit Centos 6.2 which is based on Fedora/Redhat Linux.

I had three errors...

utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and

utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and

utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Here is how I fixed it. All the following commands assume you have root privileges (su).

First install the OpenSSL 32-bit version. The following version must end with the i686

yum install openssl098e.i686

Then symlink to the correct versions:

ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8e /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8e /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8

Finally to get rid of the libgcc_s.so.1 error install the 32=bit libgcc libray.

yum install libgcc-4.4.6-3.el6.i686

Hope this helps

AM

I'm running Fedora 17 and I'm unable to resolve these problems. First I received the following error:

utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I tried following accfews solution and that solved the libssl problem but now I'm getting this error.

utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I've tried following arubamalice's steps but "yum install libgcc-4.4.6-3.el6.i686" doesn't work. It says that "No package openssl098e.i686 is available. When I installed the 32 bit versions per accfews steps, I haven't found a different libcrypto library. What am I doing wrong?

i've done the following

# yum install openssl.i686 openssl-devel.i686
# ln -s /lib/libcrypto.so /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
# ln -s /lib/libssl.so /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

but now when i've tried to run ./utserver, the console show me this

./utserver: /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by ./utserver)
./utserver: /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by ./utserver)
server started - using locale en_US.UTF-8
Using locale en_US.UTF-8
GetNodeID failed, using /dev/random
total physical memory -1 max disk cache 33554432
IPv6 is installed

i guess now is working, but how i can use the gui?