"Error: The system cannot find the path specified."

esp1818

I get this error when i download a torrent using a magnet link. What happens is that the magnet link has a slightly different name than the .torrent file. So when uTorrent downloads the .torrent file, the name of the torrent changes (and the path uTorrent is looking for Changes), but the path to the download location doesn't change. So I get this error because uTorrent is looking for the path of the .torrent file name but the path on my computer is still magnet link name. So then I have to manually set the download location in order for the file to download.

I have noticed this behavior uTorrent 3 but not in 2.x

I am running uTorrent 3 (build 25309 32bit) On windows 7 pro x64

Hello,

First off I will need to mention i'm a noob with all of this stuff. I had a friend install this program and others onto my system. It worked so well that my in laws wanted the same thing. I installed all programs needed, copied all options preferences and I still receive the error "the system cannot find the path specified". I have changed the folder names, I have used the browser buttons to make sure there were no issues with the file name and I still receive the same error. I've spent hours on this and still cannot find the error of my ways. Afore mentioned friend is being difficult and unwilling to help much as its not MY computer. A few of the programs i'm using are indeed his creations. But so far this would be the only issue i've run into.

Can anyone help? And please keep in mind that where as I may know how to work a computer, alas I do not know how it works. :)

Thank you ahead of time for any and all help!

Ace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Move your download file in save folder to another folder

Remove torrent +Data in utorrent

Move back download file to your save folder

Re open torrent file, and recheck it.

I don't get exactly what to do... what if i don't have the torrent file?

I tried copying the Magnet URI, then deleting torrent+data and adding the Magnet link again, but I'm getting the same error again and again....

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

hi frnds, i did wt ever my frnds discussed in this page and in other site's also. but for me nothing happened. again i got that same error.

i suggest everyone to follow other post's also, because this post may help full or may not. i just tried in this way and it is working for me. don't expect same thing will happen for u also. This is a small request from me ......

so, i did one thing and i solved my problem.

here is that,

*) first delete data + .torrent file

*) download .torrent file again (the which ur facing problem)

*)pause the download and right click on that torrent file and go to advance option and click on "reset bans" and click on "clear peer list" and "set destination location" it's ur wish(note: after following all steps even if u face problem then only try to change destination to some other drive and follow all the steps again).

*)try to click on "set destination name" and try to rename it. i'm sure it will allow u to download the file which is making that error .

*)after following all step's then try to start download now(if possible right click on torrent file and click on update trackers).

i did this by my own and it is working without any trouble

i hope this is work for others also

thank you everyone :)

hi frnds, i did wt ever my frnds discussed in this page and in other site's also. but for me nothing happened. again i got that same error.

i suggest everyone to follow other post's also, because this post may help full or may not. i just tried in this way and it is working for me. don't expect same thing will happen for u also. This is a small request from me ......

here is that,

*)pause the download and right click on that torrent file and go to advance option and click on "reset bans" and click on "clear peer list" and "set destination location" it's ur wish(note: after following all steps even if u face problem then only try to change destination to some other drive and follow all the steps again).

*)try to click on "set destination name" and try to rename it. i'm sure it will allow u to download the file which is making that error .

*)after following all step's then try to start download now(if possible right click on torrent file and click on update trackers).

thank you everyone :)

THANKS WORKED!

• 1 month later...
Move your download file in save folder to another folder

Remove torrent +Data in utorrent

Move back download file to your save folder

Re open torrent file, and recheck it.

ohh...thank's a lot bro.......this trick worked..........thank you again a lot.......all the uer's who face this problem.......you can solve your problem...by following the above steps by hksonngan :)

here is that,

thank you everyone smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks man this really worked :D

Archived