Running uTorrent from a router...

dagnamit

Hi All, i have an ASUS RT-N56U router which includes a built in, albeit very limited, torrent client and i wondered if it was possible to either:

- replace this torrent client with uTorrent, or

- add uTorrent as an additional client

From what i can gather, the router is built on some kind of a stripped down linux o/s. And the file structure for the existing torrent client is just a hidden folder called ".apps" then a "bin" folder and then a resource script called ".rtorrent.rc" along with many other script files.

Appologies if this is a really stupid request but the existing client is so slow and lacking in any kind of functionality, i thought it was worth a shot! :P:D

And if it is possible i may well need some step-by-step instructions, so thanks for any help u can provide and let me know if you need any other info.

Ta.

Because of the architecture of the router, it's not possible for either of the options you want.

Thanks DreadWing, at least i know now. I assume it's the firmware that is the limiting factor as opposed to the hardware? In which case i'll keep my fingers crossed that a custom ware is developed to get around this issue - although i believe i read that this was either difficult or unlikely to happen too :(

Thanks

Archived