Incomeing connections-default location changing to FRANCE?

DocsGal

I have been having A LOT of problems with my incoming connections for uTorrent crashing lately and have posted my problem in another forum because my ports are forwarded, I have a static ip, firewalls set up with exceptions etc. but this has just started also. Lately instead of Dallas being the first location that it searches for my first connection (I am located in Texas) it defaults to FRANCE! What the heck is going on with my uTorrent. I have been operating it fine for years and lately it has just become so buggy I can not stay connected and I have become unconnectable to my torrent provider. It is really affecting my ratios and I have awesome ratios and need to be uploading consistently. I can't constantly be checking it to make it connectable and I am not able to be seen by portforward OR canyouseeme.org. I am DESPERATE for help! My ISP even set up my modem with the correct numbers (another torrent using techie that took sympathy on me ;-)) I run XP and have a post here-http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=100568 that describes all the other probs I have been having. I'm ready to pull my hair out at this point because I have been so spoiled by uTorrents ease of use.

Please, Please-someone take sympathy on me and give me some help or taser me and put me out of my misery! LOL! I'm baffled as to why I am suddenly being sent to France (of all places) for connection. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks a million!

Docs Gal

I'm still having problems with this every now and then when my uTorrent loses it's connection-it goes back to France-any one have any thoughts or do I just have to keep an eye on it and keep re-selecting the city that I want it to first search for a connection from?

DocsGal

No-When I get my orange '!' icon and click on it to go to my uTorrent Setup Guide, in the drop down selection of cities it usually defaults to Dallas, TX (the city closest to me) but lately it has been going to France. If you look at some of my other recent posts you'll see that I have been having numerous problems with my ports being forwarded. I have a feeling all my problems are inter-connected and it is just a glitch. Just a pain. I have been having to constantly check my setup to see if I am even connected lately because I keep losing my connection so much and have to keep running it through the setup and saving the settings all over again. This is starting to affect my stats if it keeps up like this. I have been fighting it for about a month now.

I know my ports are forwarded correctly, and I know I am receiving incoming connections some of the time because I can look at my peers and my logger activity and see it. But no one can see me on my torrent sites or at PortForward or canyouseeme.org. My ISP just delivered a new modem that has a built in router (a Comtrend CT-5072T) and I was even lucky enough to get a tech there who uses uTorrent and he forwarded the ports remotely in the modem/router for me. But it is still not seeing me anywhere. I tried to sweet-talk him into giving me the password for the modem/routers ip address but he said he just couldn't do it. Darn the luck! Trying to figure a way to get around the modem's password so I can get to the setup parameters' but no luck so far.

Anyway-back to the main topic-France is nowhere near Dallas and it just keeps sending me back there and I'm afraid until I get this modem/router problem resolved I am going to be un-connectable to my torrent providers and that sucks cause I upload a lot of things there. If anyone has any great ideas I am open to suggestions.

Docs Gal

Archived