No connection status light at all

spiritinblack

Installed version 2.2.1 on Windows 7 computer and used built in setup guide. I went into my netgear router and shows that utorrent is allowed under the UPnP section for port 16505 for both UDP and TCP in both internal port and external port. Setup guide network test comes back with port open and network is properly configured. I had already set these in router a year ago because I had previously ran utorrent on old computer with no problems. Automatic port mapping is checked. I only use Windows firewall and it says utorrent TCP-in and UDP-in are allowed in both private and public. Don't know if there should also be TCP-out and UDP-out. I allowed UPnP port mapping and unchecked NAT-PMP in utorrent connections tab because I saw in forum that you're not supposed to have both checked. 0 seeds, 0 peers and all trackers either offline or connection closed by peer. DHT shows 0 nodes.

I have a torrent running right now with well over 20,000 seeders listed in torrent search site and there are 0 peers or seeds showing. I have absolutely no internet security software running right now because my subscription recently expired and I have no IP blockers running either meaning I have strictly Windows firewall running with the necessary exception for utorrent allowed. I did run the Glasnost throttling test and it came back with 0 bittorent uploads or downloads being allowed any traffic. Does this mean my ISP no longer allows me to have bittorent traffic? Can I get around this or am I basically screwed now for ever using Utorrent again?

I just ran the Glasnost test and it came back 3 out of 3 failed on all 4 tests. But since I am not using the ports they tested, should'nt that mean my port is ok? The setup guide still measures my speed correctly and it also states that my port is open and properly configured. And I also now get the yellow triangle to pop up every now and then but only for 5 seconds at a time. It seems as though I have everything set up correctly and I did try the tweaking list in the FAQ with no success. I am clueless when it comes to using a proxy server and hope that is not what I have to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived