Optimizing uTorrent Preferences for faster downloads

triumph808

If someone would please explain how to customize the Preference settings for the MAC version of uTorrent in order to get the optimal speeds for downloading torrents, I would appreciate it. I ran a speed test from speedtest.net and my connection is roughly 4mbsp DOWNLOAD and 0.65mbps UPLOAD (650kbsp). I did a google search trying to find more about the preference settings, but was only able to come up with Window's customizable settings.

• 1 month later...

Our goal is to make it so that you don't need to manually configure your client for good performance, especially since there is a fair amount of complexity to the settings. To optimize the download speed, leave it unlimited. Then you can set the upload limit to "Automatically" which will use µTP measurements to dynamically manage things (Recommended). If you want to do it yourself, setting the upload to 80% of your measured upload speed is usually a good bet. If you go manual you'll want to keep in mind that your upload speed may vary quite a bit over time so you'll need to adjust this limit periodically.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived