I do not want more feature than 1.8.5.

Ondoy

In 3.0 I think it's unnecessary feature for me. I like 1.8.5 which is perfect for me.

I don't know but I just want to download torrent no other thing and in 1.8.5 is enough for me except security issue. I think I will try Transmission but most peer use uTorrent so speed is not fast as along uTorrent but I will try to use for few month. uTP direct impact to other client.

For me:

uTP - Good

Rating - I don't like

Sending - I don't like

Streaming - I don't think I will use it

3.0 GUI - Hard Red and green hurt my eyes

I hate client like Bitcomet or Vuze which very very bloat and I don't use even one of those feature and I think uTorrent will follow them, So sad for me.

Thank you.

I double the post.

I downloaded uTorrent 2.2.1 and was very dissapointed, immediately switched back to previous version.

Devs should read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_creep

Especially useless is the search function, I really never understood this...why people make search engine fields inside software. As if anyone was going to use them, I really don't get it - when I want to search something, I use google!

I double the post.

I downloaded uTorrent 2.2.1 and was very dissapointed, immediately switched back to previous version.

Especially useless is the search function, I really never understood this...why people make search engine fields inside software. As if anyone was going to use them, I really don't get it - when I want to search something, I use google!

There is another client which shall remain nameless, where all you see in their forum is questions about why the search doesn't work for them. So people do use the search engines.

I just go to the hosting site, and get the magnet link.

Personally i was on 1.8.5 a long time before moving to 2.2.1

Configured to my taste.Used 1.8.5 iconset to get familiar looks and switched off uTP.Almost as good.Too bad i cant switch off the apps feature with advanced pref.I just don't use it.I switched mainly for security and UDP tracker support.

For me Bad

uTP - bad

Apps - not using

Good:

UDP trackers

Bit faster download speeds

More prefs to play with

Im going to hold off upgrade to 3.0 like i did with 2.x

I'll let others iron out the biggest bugs and when 3.0.5 or something comes i'll make the switch.Mainly for torrent commenting in swarm as it's important to me.

Options -> Show apps pane.

And it's gone.

Yes but "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\apps" folder is still always created at startup indicating the feature itself is not fully turned off.

Also advanced prefs only list 3 settings and those deal with updating and installing unsigned apps.Nothing about turning the whole feature off.

I second this. I know this isn't what the developers like to hear after spending lots of time on new features, and I'm sure there are people who appreciates them, but some people just want the downloading capabilities, and not a load of extra crap. It's not just about the UI, either. It feels like it's slowly going from a light and neat client to a bloated one. It's not realistic to believe that these features will be taken out, but asking us during installation which features (again, not just on the surface) we want would be appreciated.

I double the post.

Your not the only one I been a long time user of Ut but since 2.0.4. I had problems with it working and went back to 2.0.4 and got my torrents working again. As another said I will wait til I know for sure the problem I had in 2.2 is resolved and not knew problem are introduced in 3.0. I know that 2.0.4 work and will stick with it until I am sure the newer version don't cause more problem then they address.

In 3.0 I think it's unnecessary feature for me. I like 1.8.5 which is perfect for me.

I don't know but I just want to download torrent no other thing and in 1.8.5 is enough for me except security issue. I think I will try Transmission but most peer use uTorrent so speed is not fast as along uTorrent but I will try to use for few month. uTP direct impact to other client.

For me:

uTP - Good

Rating - I don't like

Sending - I don't like

Streaming - I don't think I will use it

3.0 GUI - Hard Red and green hurt my eyes

I hate client like Bitcomet or Vuze which very very bloat and I don't use even one of those feature and I think uTorrent will follow them, So sad for me.

Thank you.

Agree, most of the features are useless here. uTP is good, actually very good. Rating is useless. Streaming, I will usually go to Youtube. Please remove those unnecessary features or make it as an addon.

For me, there is a software actually run much more efficient than utorrent. The software is xunlei. It is a chinese P2P software. It can bypass most of the firewall without losing speed, and speed is extremely fast. Maybe when uTorrent is out of feature, it is good to look at xunlei for feature updates.

For me, there is a software actually run much more efficient than utorrent. The software is xunlei. It is a chinese P2P software. It can bypass most of the firewall without losing speed, and speed is extremely fast. Maybe when uTorrent is out of feature, it is good to look at xunlei for feature updates.

If you want a program that shares your ENTIRE COMPUTER without asking, sure.

Archived