Error Message "Access denied file used by another process"

judithb49

I am using Vista and I currently use utorrent v2.2.1 For months now I have been having this problem. I have tried going back and using older utorrent versions, gone through utorrent's faq looked at their forums but I am still at a loss. I have disabled file indexing. I have downloaded software to unlock files. I don't have Google toolbar but I do have Google Chrome. I don't have Roxio. I am not one that downloads software. Torrents are my main download. I have tried only downloading 2-3 episodes at a time instead of 20 episodes of a season. I have gone to You Tube and tried their tips and tricks. Somedays it is every minute and other days it maybe every hour. I have done a system restore I have used a trojan software program but nothing works. I never had this problem before but overnight it started happening and it hasn't stopped. I am now about to give up up completely!! I am no computer whiz but I do have the basic skills and knowledge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have gone to the link you supplied and I managed to get information but I don't know how to get it onto

this page. I tried to take a screenshot but it didn't work. I am somewhat out of my depth here as I don't even know if I have to send you any information.

• 2 weeks later...

I have gone to this site http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=29748 - both logs. but I can't get past first base. I am unable to make Hijack This run as the adminstrator as this box will not highlight for me! This error as finally won as I can't sit at my computer and keep hitting start every 10 seconds when I get the error message "access denied file being used by another process"

Archived