Doesn't upload

AlexMW

Torrents in utorrent download fine but almost never upload. When something is uploaded it's only for a short while before stopping again. So far, I have uploaded a grand total of 8 MB across 3 torrents despite the torrents being open for over 10 minutes.

I'm using version 1.1.5 on Windows XP.

The amount you upload depends on the seed:peer ratio, and how much data you and the other peers have. Torrents with few seeds and many peers are more likely to use your upload, while torrents which are the opposite may give you low uploads. If you're just starting out, you're far less likely to have any pieces that a peer would be interested in. I have the same problem (if you can call it a problem..) too, and it happens on other clients; it tends to take a while of downloading before the upload picks up.

Just to be sure: do you see Network OK in uTorrent's status bar, or do you see NAT Error?

Ok, heres the thing i was just about to post the same thing.

i uploaded a grand total of less than 600k over the 50meg torrent.

once it went into seeding only mode all of a sudden my upload jumped from 0.0 average to 8+kBs

Sure there are alot of seeds,but why didnt anyone else download off me(like it used to happen with 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4) while i was downloading still.

-=DD32=-

I've had the same problem on other clients so I don't think it's a uTorrent-specific problem. I've actually gone through 300mb+ torrents with pitiful ratios of like 0.01 :( it seems to always pick up when it reaches seeding though. Perhaps it's because the downstream chokes the uploading? That, or the fact that you tend to be connected to more peers that could potentially be interested in seeding mode since all connections to seeds are dropped. It happens more often with well-seeded torrents than anything.

not that my post will do any help. but im confirming the same problems. i dont want bad ratios!

i just finished 2 torrents on private trackers. first was 350MB and it only upped 1.5MB. 2nd torrent is 718MB and i only upped 760KB!!! this is crazy!

no, i dont show such low uploads on any other torrent client. so this must somehow be related directly to utorrent. and i cant see how its my settings, because theyre the same for the most part among all torrent clients i have used.

just my 2 cents. but i still love utorrent and will be with it all the way

Sounds the an ISP issue, Try the fixed Lazy Bitfield feature in v1.1.7 (its there now in 1.1.6.1 too, but im not sure it works) and check back. Though thats supposed to help with seeding torrents (ISP waits for the COMPELTED flag), might help with that too. Which ISPs do you use ? maybe someone else here knows if they mess with BT traffic.

I have the same sort of problem. I know my ISP doesnt block seeding or anything I am not sure what the problem is but I set my seeds to highest traffic priority and still they would only upload for a few seconds at low speed and stop. There is no lack of peers on this torrent but a lack of seeds. Not sure what is going on but it might just be a bit torrent issue.

I have the same sort of problem. I know my ISP doesnt block seeding or anything I am not sure what the problem is but I set my seeds to highest traffic priority and still they would only upload for a few seconds at low speed and stop. There is no lack of peers on this torrent but a lack of seeds. Not sure what is going on but it might just be a bit torrent issue.

That sounds exactly like the issue comcast users were having. I suggest you try the lazy bitfield feature of 1.1.7 .. It worked for them.

Teasing us? These guys have pumped out version after version.. For the amount of dedication they've put in, I hope their paypal button is getting hit alot..

I might not register shareware, but I'm always up for supporting clean freeware..:)

you and i are in 100% agreement, my friend. some of us, however, aren't as patient as others. :?

im patient. just pointin out tho that the lazy bit feature doesnt do anything for me in 1.1.6.1

lookin forward to 1.1.7 tho. what an improvement since 1.1.x

i even use utorrent @ school on my laptop and i get insane speeds over wifi during lectures :)

i say give it up to the utorrent guys. they ARE workin their a$$es off. and i agree with the paypal too. couldnt hurt for their time. they COULD be doin other things.

but to stay on topic. im lookin forward to try the new fix for the upping problem. ill report back ASAP when i try it out.

thnx virlux

Archived