Weird question involving finding a lost folder? Please help.

yolk

So, I set it so uTorrent would download things to a folder on my iPod (using it as usb storage kinda thing) called "Movies." When I unplugged my iPod, it'd just download to my computer, but you couldn't find the folder without clicking "show in finder" on a downloading movie or album and it'd take you to that folder.

I made the mistake of changing uTorrent to downloading things to my Downloads folder instead of that folder. Now I can not find the original folder with over 6 Gb of movies and stuff in it. It doesn't show up in Spotlight or anything. It's definitely not deleted either. Please help, I have no space on my computer. :(

• 6 months later...
Yeah, that folder doesn't exist for me either. :/

I have this same frustrating problem. Happened after a clean install of Lion OSX. I tried to change the default download directory but still it moved the files to library/application support/utorrent/ , a folder that doesn´t exist.

One time I even got the torrents loaded into uTorrent and found the files through "show in finder" but now it´s all ruined because the new download directory decided to work.

Did anyone resolve this issue???:rolleyes:

Finally figured it out.

And if anyone still need help with this...

turns out that library/application support/utorrent is not the correct path.

It´s user/*****/library/application support/utorrent and for some reason this library folder is hidden.

So by showing all hidden folders I managed to find my torrents:D

Archived