Torrents Stop at certain %(Variable and not due to l of seeding)

craig134

I've tried downloading a few very popular torrents and I keep having the same issue. The torrents will download up to a certain percent(2.2% or 26.2% for example) and then stop. When I check the peers I'm connected to, nearly all of them will be of the percent the torrent stops at. My client will download at high speed from these peers, yet will download nothing from anyone else. I.E I will be connected to seeders with 100% or close to 100% of the file, yet my client will download nothing from them. These are all highly seeded torrents so the issue is not due to the file being unavailable past those percentage points. I have tried downloading these torrents on two different machines: a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop running windows xp from 2007 using utorrent 2.2.1, and a Dell Inspiron 15R laptop running Windows 7 from 2010 running utorrent 2.2.1. Both machines experience the same issue.

I have also tested vuze, and utorrent 3.0. Both also experience this issue.

Yesterday I was able to download two torrents that I was experiencing this issue with at fast speeds, yet the same issue came back today.

This suggests to me that the issue lies with my router, though I suppose that it could be an issue with Dell computers.

I am using the LAN ethernet connection on my router using the DHCP server function of the router. My router has the following config settings: My router is the Vivid Wireless Home Gateway.(An Australian Wireless Internet Provider). If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I would be incredibly grateful. I have spent about 4 days now playing with settings, reinstalling windows and trying all manner of settings to fix this. Nothing seems to be working.

VOIP: Just random VOIP settings

WIFI: I would guess inapplicable as I'm using the ethernet connection

LAN:

lan ip,

lan subnet mask

Firewall:

Allow Web Accessing from WAN Y/N

Allow Telnet Accessing from WAN Y/N

Allow Ping from WAN Y/N

DMZ Host: {IP Address}

DCHCP Server:

Enable DHPCP Y/N