A problem with trying to seed

Kryten

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me why I can't seem to seed any files I have uploaded AND downloaded!?

I am new to torrents.

I'm running Windows 7 and get my internet via a Thomson router that has a broadband connection. Although my router is wireless capable, I use my pc connected via the router LAN port.

I am a member of a website with a private tracker & followed their instructions to upload about 8 torrent files. All was ok for a month or so, but recently uTorrent has stopped showing me as seeding!! The website also had my status as 'not connected' and 'ports closed' yet I had not changed anything!!

I have just downloaded a song album off a well known torrent site and although others are uploading from me now, uTorrent doesn't register me as seeding!?

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

And whan you're downloading a torrent (during 10-15 min, like one of Libreoffice http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/3.4.0/win/x86/LibO_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_multi.exe.torrent ), does the network icon stay green?

Because if you have only seding tasks in µT and nobody want to leech you, the green circle can become the orange triangle (and it's normal).

That's why you need to know if your client is able to keep the green circle.

Ah, well I am only seeding about 15 files at the moment and one person is downloading one of them and that seems to be working ok. When I download, everything seems fine. I also deleted my old torrents and re-done them again after re-configuring my router and firewall. So, the fact that the icon in the bottom-right of uTorrent changes from green to orange is quite normal?

Yes, when all the active tasks (downloading or seeding, whatever) imply only few vanishing peer connections (that's the case if no peer wants to leech you or the torrent swarms are almost dead), µT can display you're not able to receive incoming connections.

That's why when you start a new downloading task, the network icon changes from orange to green.

Archived