how to correct: Error: Can't open .torrent file: in utorrent

radar54

I attempted to move all my downloaded files/folders (for ALL my torrent downloads) to a different hard drive and now all of the files listed in uTorrent have a red X next to them. how can I fix this? In the Status column, they all have a message similar to this:

Error: Can't open .torrent file: C:\User\Bob\Documents\My Torrents\Finished\This is the way.torrent

Thanks,

radar54

the folder (C:\User\Bob\Documents\My Torrents\Finished) IS reachable; however, I just discovered that most of the .torrent files are no longer on my hard drive. They must have been deleted, at some point. I would like to seed the files downloaded from these torrents. Short of re-downloading the files, is there anyway, to fix the problem so that the files can continue to be seeded from my PC?

chkdsk was fine. I closed down and restarted uTorrent and the error, that was showing on the "Logger", tab went away. The problem started when I followed instructions I found in this forum for how to move a large number of downloaded folders/files and retain their ability to be seeded within uTorrent. Needless to say, the procedure did not work, and now all my seeded torrents are screwed up (red X's next to all of them). Any idea as to how to fix them?

Archived