Get Small

Giant Waffle

Hi,

Thanks for a great program! I use it as my only torrent app and it is the best!

I don't know if what I'm writing to you about is a bug or not. I just know that it is the first torrent app that I've had (don't worry, I ditched the others) that does this and I would like to see it change regarding this, if I could, please.

I'll try to explain as best I can what happens:

1) I click to download a torrent on a web page.

2) uTorrent automatically pops open (it had not been opened yet) and I click okay to have uTorrent start downloading the torrent.

3) I minimize uTorrent to the System Tray (I have it set to do that when I click the "X" at the top right of the uTorrent screen).

4) I then click to download another torrent from the web page.

5) uTorrent pops up (the whole uTorrent screen, maximized) and I click to tell it to download the torrent.

6) I then click to minimize uTorrent.

The above Step 6 is where I have the problem. With every other torrent app, it automatically minimizes to the System Tray again. uTorrent however, stays open and maximized and I have to keep minimizing it and I really do hate that!

I can't remember in the other apps, if when I would go to grab another torrent, if the torrent app would pop up the whole screen until I added it, or just the little box where you click to tell it to go ahead and grab the files that the torrent tells it to get, but either is fine and whichever it was, the point is that the torrent app did immediately and automatically minimize again.

The way it is now, as I said, it stay maximized and in order to go back to what I was doing, I have to minimize uTorrent and then go back to the web page. If it auto-minimizes, then it gets out of my way as soon as I tell it down go ahead and grab the file(s) and I'm back where I was, viewing the web page again. :)

As I said, I'm not sure if this is a bug, or intentional, or it was just never noticed and so, not dealt with. But could it please be dealt with? I would really appreciate it SO much!!! :)

Or could it be a setting that I'm stupidly missing? I've been known to be stupid before! :) In fact, you're probably thinking I'm stupid right now. <lol!>

Anyway, thank you for your time and if it's not too much bother, please let me know what the case is?

Thanks! :)

Archived