Virgin Media 50Mb connection... download issues.

crinkle

Hi everyone, guess why im posting in this section?

Thats right i got download troubles!

THE PROBLEM:

It seems that there is something wrong with my connection but i dont know what. From STEAM i can download at the full 6.0MegaBytes/Sec myconnection allows, yet utorrent limits me to just 300KB/sec from multiple and very popular sources.

Although VM are on the list of Bad ISP for torrents, IMO they dont limit torrents because i very recently moved from somewhere with a 10megabit connection where i could download at up to 1.2MB/Sec on a good day. So it must be a configuartion issue

THE SETUP

I have no network and no firewall. Just an internet modem and utorrent. So i dont need to port forward anything thank god! My modem is a virgin media "Superhub" and my computer is very good (lots of disk space, AMD 6core and 4gb memory.

I have tried everything in the FAQ, from changing the advanced settings to checking this and that box. Searched for solutions and drawn blanks everywhere. The only thing it may be worth mentioning is that, whatever settings i change, UT freezes for about 10-15 seconds as if its crashed when i press apply.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Is there a firewall in (virgin media "Superhub")

Hi everyone, guess why im posting in this section?

Thats right i got download troubles!

THE PROBLEM:

It seems that there is something wrong with my connection but i dont know what. From STEAM i can download at the full 6.0MegaBytes/Sec myconnection allows, yet utorrent limits me to just 300KB/sec from multiple and very popular sources.

Although VM are on the list of Bad ISP for torrents, IMO they dont limit torrents because i very recently moved from somewhere with a 10megabit connection where i could download at up to 1.2MB/Sec on a good day. So it must be a configuartion issue

THE SETUP

I have no network and no firewall. Just an internet modem and utorrent. So i dont need to port forward anything thank god! My modem is a virgin media "Superhub" and my computer is very good (lots of disk

space, AMD 6core and 4gb memory.

I have tried everything in the FAQ, from changing the advanced settings to checking this and that box. Searched for solutions and drawn blanks everywhere. The only thing it may be worth mentioning is that, whatever settings i change, UT freezes for about 10-15 seconds as if its crashed when i press apply.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Archived