Missing upload files

JG101

For some reason my utorrent is now missing all the files I've uploaded to a torrent site. Nowhere can I find the option of relocating them. Beside each upload is a red warning sign with an exclamation mark. Normally with something like Vuze I could just relocate it and it will start seeding again. Please keep in mind that none of these files were moved. They are still in their same location. I had to quite utorrent and when I turned it back on they were all in the reds.

Please help. Thank you.

I have the option of set download location, but isn't that just setting where the file goes once downloaded? I've been trying to force re-check torrents that I've uploaded already. I do not want to redownload them. It seems the path is not connecting properly. I have 35 torrents that are all in the reds now. When I force re-check them the percentage stays at 0. I did attempt to re-download them but then my ratio went crazy.

Perhaps I'm just used to vuze where its pretty easy to relocate torrents in this situation.

By the way, thank you greatly for taking the time to respond to this post. I really do appreciate it.

This is my theory. Many of the torrents are created from a directory that is located on an external hard drive. Others I created on my laptop hard drive. The ones on the external are in the reds. granted my external is never disconnected. Somehow some communication must have stopped with my external.

So perhaps the actual directories on the external no longer match up with the actual torrents that are located in a folder on my desktop. I can go to my uploads folder and everything is there. I can even choose to open them from my folder and utorrent will recognize that they already exist. It seems like the directories themselves are now disconnected from the actual upload torrents folder.

I'm not sure there is a way to fix this. I might have to recreate them all again from scratch. Which I really do not want to do. A lot of work already went into these.

Archived