Download stat concern

stevem27

Hi all,

I am curently running version 2.2.1 and am concerned that despite not downloading anything utorrent is showing that since restarting the program I have downloaded in excess of 40mb and appear to be downloading at present at approx 2.4 kB despite having nothing in my download queue.

Can someone advise why this download value keeps increasing when nothing has been downloaded by me.

Thanks in advance

Checked FAQ said nothing about my issue, if this is a common concern but normal it should be listed there, did a search also couldnt find anything, if it was a common issue would have expected it to come up in a search, if I had found something I wouldnt be asking here, couldnt care less about your attitude I have been using the Internet long enough to realise that some people just like the sound of their own voice, everyone has to feel important somewhere!

with reference to DHT it isnt enabled, neither is peer exchange if it is relevent. I have one rss feed which is checked but cannot imagine it can ve responsible for 40mb of transfer.

Have just turned utorrent back on and in less than a couple of minutes it shows download speeds of 7.6kB and 1mb data downloaded and upload speed of 6.0kB and 1.1 mb uploaded yet there is nothing showing as uploading or downloading in the active window, now up to 2.2mb download at 6.1. All I need is a simple yes thats normal or no it shouldnt be happening, just dont think that showing a download total of the equivalent of an mp3 file every five minutes should be normal when nothing is being transferred that I have initiated.

Thanks in advance again for any help.

Hi Thanks for fast response, I have 243 items listed in the torrent section many of which are still seeding but assumed that the active window showed what was going up or down. The RSS feed just monitors Revott for half a dozen series all of which are between series at the moment, since my last post am up to 13.4MB downloaded, not too concerned over uploads due to items that are being seeded so they could be kicking in anytime and accounting for the uploads, it's the downloads that bother me as trying to keep the ISP happy is hard enough without them thinking that I am downloading MB of stuff that I arent. If it kereps up at the same rate we arecould be looking at 250mb per day download when I am not actually downloading anything that 7gb per month for nothing so I need to either sort it or turn off utorrent after downloads which I would rather not do as it isnt playing the game.

Archived