µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x64

Firon

New Utorrent server 64 works very good on my XUbuntu 12.04 system (64b). My only problem so far is the web GUI not working in Opera browser (loading screen, never getting to the page) and is not very good in IE/Firefox either. There are nice new functions, but not as simple as it was to fast get a view on what is happening. I like to sort torrents on "Done" tab (100% on top) to easier get a view on statuses are, but new GUI do not remember this like old did.

But using old "webui.zip" makes it look exactly as earlier, i stick with it until next update.

And to all developers, thanks for a updated 64 bit version :) Please only program when it's raining this summer !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After working fine for a few weeks, the server suddenly stops after a short time (5-60 minutes) with

"Segmentation fault (core dumped)" (XUbuntu 12.04/64b)

This may be a pointer fault, and have something to do with a specific torrent. Still working on what really happens.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long time desktop user, but figuring its time to take a chance on the server option :)

Ubuntu 10.10 build x64 (27079) is working great for me. Downloading seems oddly limited to about 6.7MB/s (53.6Mb/s) but i'll tweak the settings later to see if i can boost it. My connection supports a higher rate of speed and In practice i'm consistently getting higher speeds using rtorrent w/ a gui (which i'd used for many years) I'm confident its fixable, looking forward to updates on this project.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Download links are broken for me as well. Also broken on the main page (404 errors). Seems the redirect is going to a host without files.

http://download.utorrent.com/linux/utorrent-server-3.0-ubuntu-12.04-27079.x64.tar.gz

.. is redirecting to ..

http://ll.download3.utorrent.com/linux/utorrent-server-3.0-ubuntu-12.04-27079.x64.tar.gz

And giving a 404. *removed request*

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a headless torrent server which enables me to reach the webUI through IPv6 port forwarding. Deluge is still struggling with the implementation, but µtorrent server is still ALPHA. I wouldn't mind that for now, but does it support v6 PF?

• 2 weeks later...

After (finally) upgrading my debian server from x86 to x64 I found out that this caused a problem with the x64 build of uTorrent server. Apparently, neither of the builds posted in this thread works on Debian 7 "Wheezy" x64, since it has openssl v1.0.1e and glibc 2.13-1. Since both the debian and ubuntu 10.10 version require openssl 0.9.8, they won't work. The ubuntu 12.04 version is complaining about the glibc version; it expects glibc 2.14...

EDIT: Solved for now by manually downloading and installing libssl0.9.8 from the squeeze repo at packages.debian.org, hopefully this won't cause any other problems later on...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived