µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x64

Firon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think something wrong with automatic disk cache

I believe that one's been handled; it may be fixed in the 64-bit build (of course that won't help if you run 32-bit). I've just got to get some time to go through the release process. Although, we are currently working on some bugs that would also affect uTorrent Server, so I'm not in a hurry about releasing before resolving those issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Program crashes sporadically.

on Ubuntu 11.10

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

0x00007ffff6c1ad29 in free () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

deleting the resume.dat file seems to fix the problem temporarily.

I use deamontools to monitor the process and start it as soon as it stops. Been running for about a month solid now. Used to be that it couldn't run for more than a day without crashing.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found utserver using 100% of a core several times running this build (with nothing downloading or shared). Stopping/starting makes it go away, but this is on may NAS so it's pretty annoying. Anything I can collect to see what the heck it is doing?

thanks,

steve

Happened again. strace shows this happening over and over. Two cores are 100% this time.

steve

getegid32()                             = 0getegid32()                             = 0getegid32()                             = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)getegid32()                             = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)getegid32()                             = 0write(47, ptrace: umoven: Input/output error0xffffffff, 119456880)        = 0write(47, ptrace: umoven: Input/output error0xffffffff, 119456880)        = 0write(47, ptrace: umoven: Input/output error0xffffffff, 119456848)        = 0write(47, ptrace: umoven: Input/output error0xffffffff, 119456848)        = 0

• 3 months later...

This 64 bit has been working great for me. Can we get an update to 3.1 or 3.2? Please continue to use the same version of glibc as my NAS requires that (I can't run the latest 32 bit version as it links with a newer glibc). Or better yet, make it a full static link if you can. I know the file gets bigger, but this avoids a number of problems on Linux that can be difficult to resolve.

thanks,

steve

• 4 weeks later...

utorrent-server-3.0-25053.tar.gz

AMD Phenom x6 T1100

System: OpenSUSE 12.1 x64 (uname -a

Linux neptune 3.1.10-1.9-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 5 18:48:38 UTC 2012 (4a97ec8) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)

I downloaded and unpacked, only had to add the following to make it work.

zypper install libssl.so.0.9.8

Start the server ./utserver

Then point my web browser to http://localhost:8080/gui/

I could not make file:///home/install/linux/utorrent-server-v3_0/webui/index.html work.

BTW, the "Remote GUI head" is a really nice feature. I'd like to run uTorrent on my server, about 100ft from where I sit, and operate it from a client GUI running on my workstation desktop, both systems are OpenSUSE 12.1 x64 Linux. The server is an AMD FX-8120 (8-Core) running a lot of services. I'd like uTorrent to be another native Linux service on the server. Operating both on my workstation should also work.

After logging into the web frontend as admin I faced a familiar looking uTorrent interface. Unfortunately some things I need to use this program don't appear to exist. The first thing I wanted to do is have uTorrent take over some existing ktorrent downloads already in progress. There didn't appear to be any way to point uTorrent to an existing partial download (28GB of 62GB already downloaded). I tried starting the "magnet:" download from scratch and couldn't move the file. I tried "exporting" the .torrent from ktorrent which had the same effect as just inputting a new URL, again, no control over data and resuming a transfer in progress.

I really do need the ability to install and check an existing file against a magnet: link to resume a download.

I'll try running the Windows uTorrent under WINE next and if that doesn't work, I'll try a MS Windows XP VM.

Ktorrent is too buggy to do more than 4 torrents at once on my system. The UI becomes so slow as to be almost unusable, and last night it stopped all of the KDE UI from responding for more than a minute, so I hit the reset button. I'd really like to replace ktorrent with uTorrent. This isn't to bash ktorrent which operates better than qBittorrent on my system. I expect uTorrent will be the better tool, hopefully operating like it does under MS Windows when running natively on x64 Linux.

Thanks,

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I use opendns, maybe they started blocking a bunch of new sites or something. It could be the magnet links somehow bypass dns where the .torrent is by getting the ip address through a different means?

Is there a way to see the contents of the .utt file the message is complaining about? I guess I can ssh to the nas and try the url using wget.

While I was playing around with this, I tried to use the autoload feature to monitor a directory for torrent files. I cannot get that to work at all on this linux build. Just nothing happens when I drop in a file. I set permissions to 777. Then eventually I go into preferences and the directory string is blanked (feature is still enabled).

While I've got your attention, any chance on an updated Linux build just so we can stay up to date :-).

steve

Ok, this was not a utorrent problem. The torrent site I was using locked itself down a bit so that when I used the URL to download the file in utorrent it would not work (because via utorrent I was not logged into the site). I was doing this because on the ipad I can't download files, but I set up dropbox and configured utorrent to automatically load from a directory. So now I can just download from the browser and it automatically works. Very nice.

Would still like to see this updated to a new version if possible so that it stays up to date :-).

steve

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it's been a long time since the last build.

There's a new 3.0 up, build 27079. Only for Ubuntu 10.10, so it requires openssl 0.9.8.

I'll hopefully have some other platforms up soon.

Works fine on ubuntu 12.4 (i previously do : sudo apt-get install libssl0.9.8).

Thanks.

http://download.utorrent.com/linux/utorrent-server-3.0-ubuntu-12.04-27079.x64.tar.gz

And here's the ubuntu 12.04 build. This one requires openssl 1.0.

I install this version and remove libssl0.9.8, works fine.

I try the new parameters (with Ubuntu 10.10 build x64 (27079) & Ubuntu 12.04 build x64 (27079)) in utserver.conf :

uconnect_enable:true

uconnect_username:eru

uconnect_password:**********

but in https://remote.utorrent.com/ i receive a 503 error.

in webui v0.387, remote is activated, username is defined, but the password is empty.

configuration log is: logmask: 0xFFFFFFFF and I can not find uconnect inside.

nb: i try to delete settings.dat

It works fine on Scientific Linux 6.2 x64

Before use, needed install openssl098e.x86_64 package, and create two symbolic link:

# ln -s /usr/lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8e /usr/lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8# ln -s /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.0.9.8e /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.0.9.8

• 2 weeks later...
Try the Ubuntu 10.10 version. I don't believe we're building Debian versions anymore.

Unfortunately, at least on readynas, the 10.10 build requires the newer glibc version which is not available. The older debian build does not have this requirement. Any chance of a statically linked glib version. I think the 10.10 version would have worked otherwise. At least ldd looks ok.

steve

Archived