uTorrent UI is getting worse by the version

toppatopvt

You cannot reconfigure the line spacing back to the old, information rich, appearence.

This is very irritating

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but all of the information can be there. If (except for line spacing) you aren't seeing the information, you can add columns... If the only thing you are complaining about is the spacing from one line to the next, I don't have a lot of sympathy: compared to fixing other bugs/features, a line spacing option should be lower on the list IMO.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You cannot reconfigure the line spacing back to the old' date=' information rich, appearence.

This is very irritating[/quote']

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but all of the information can be there. If (except for line spacing) you aren't seeing the information, you can add columns... If the only thing you are complaining about is the spacing from one line to the next, I don't have a lot of sympathy: compared to fixing other bugs/features, a line spacing option should be lower on the list IMO.

Yes, that is the thing i'm complaining about. You can configure most things, change skin, add columns, change advanced settings....

But you CANNOT change the line spacing.

Before I could see all my torrents on one screen and now I cannot.

The new interface is SH*T, plain and simple. What drew people like me to utorrent was the minimalist yet excessively well designed interface and the tiny footprint -- the first versions of UT should become a class-room example of exceptional application design; what we have now is a mess. I should never have upgraded to 3.1.2, I'm afraid if I click on anyything, it'll install some browser toolbar or worse.

Time to look for alternatives.

The new interface is SH*T, plain and simple. What drew people like me to utorrent was the minimalist yet excessively well designed interface and the tiny footprint -- the first versions of UT should become a class-room example of exceptional application design; what we have now is a mess. I should never have upgraded to 3.1.2, I'm afraid if I click on anyything, it'll install some browser toolbar or worse.

Time to look for alternatives.

My thoughts EXACTLY. I'd like to stay on uTorrent (as I know Vuze is just the same way now - not as good as it used to be back when it was called Azureus), but on some older version. Which one would you recommend?

I just want to be able to pick a file out of someones collection and not have to down load the whole thing. the people giving instructions on doing this, asume you know some special language they speak. and never give clear instructions.

I wish I had never downloaded the new version

How do I get the blue arrows back for seeding torrents?

I have 700+ torrents and when scrolling fast, it`s impossible

to see the difference between "Seeding" and "Finished"

torrents. 2 shades of light green? Come on!

The new UI is just messy!! ..

Please change the "Status" to only show the % and a color for up or down.

Then it wouldn`t take up 20% of my screen. (If I try to make the column

narrower, the % dissapares first, and not "Downloading" which is the

txt I don`t need to take up space.)

We need more colors! Is it impossible to make a column with

colored arrows?

My personal pref.:

Seeding - Blue

Down - orange

Finished - Green

Good luck changing this! I`m off to look for an older version..

BTW: Thanks for all the years with a good program!

(Not ironic ;) )

Thanks!

That helped me a little bit, but the colors are still all green on

the seeding and qued torrents. (both the arrows and the colors

in the "Done"-column. The Qued and Finished seeds has the

exact same green color too, which forces me to have the

"Satatus"-column activated anyway..

As I mentioned, with 700+ torrents, 600 finished and some of them

seeding, it`s difficult to spot them when I scroll fast through them.

Any "codes" for changing the colors? Changing the colors in the

"Done"-column will be the most useful for me at the moment, if there

are any way of doing this for the different states (making different

color for up, qued seed, finished and so on..) :P

Cheers!

I got the stance of Administration on older versions, but let me ask other users, what version to choose from 1.6 to 2.2.1 if I don't like uT 3.xx?

Don't ask... your version isn't broken, just cause it says error constantly doesn't mean it really has one... it's probably your imagination. :lol:

What really, really pissed me off is that the new UI was implemented in such way that it wiped out the information I've used for years, with no warning, with no recourse. This time, some programmer/designer literally FORCED his useless vision down our throats. It is akin to one day finding your car replaced with a new one that only drives backwards. It does the job somewhat, moving you through space, but you'll hate every second of it and the only thing you want to do is get rid of the damn thing.

On top of that, performance took a swan dive out the window. Transfers wouldn't get over a few kB/s and wouldn't remain active for more than a minute at a time. God knows we all care more about how pretty and simple the software looks than how well it performs.

After deleting the new version and installing 2.2.1 from a site that maintains old versions of applications, I had to Google old screen shots of the program to recall exactly how things had been laid out, because I couldn't even get the columns set up properly after the aborted "update."

Health bar? Seriously? Whose idea was that?

Double-spacing the entire list of torrents, so we can only see half as many as before? WHO DESIGNED THAT? Was it done for the benefit of someone's sweet, blind grandmother?

People who use this software don't need training wheels. I'm not running it off my iPhone, where I expect everything to be cute and entirely useless.

Get back to practical updates focused on performance, and leave game-wrecking design changes out of the plan from now on. When so many people actually scavenge the Internet for previous versions of the software you've designed, that should send you a message you can't ignore.

just right click the header of one of the current columns and you can remove ones you dont want to see and bring back the ones everyone is crying about missing (date, ratio etc etc)...

wasnt that hard to find.....

OK. Now tell us how to fix the stupid double-spaced torrent listing. And then tell us how to get transfers over a couple kB/s. And try to be just as charming about it as before....

I moved back to 2.2.1 it is also an awful version as even if I un-check the installation of toolbar bullshits it installs them in firefox.

1. I lost all my torrents setup files....I doubt that I will load all the damned files back and manually point the downloaded file.

2. I lost my IE tabs due to the toolbar spam crap.

What an awful experience. I will never ever update again unless the protocol changes.

Hello there.

I've registered here just to say that new design is awful in so many ways that I don't know where to start.

I have no choice but to roll back to old 2.x version. May be there's a way to apply a skin that will make new uTorrent to look like the old one, or may be I'll spend a few hours digging deep into new uTorrent's configs trying to get the old looks back, however I can't allow myself to go these ways because then I'll have to look at the new design at least once, and I can't be sure that if I'll see the new design one more time I won't bleed from my eyes and go blind.

I've been a utorrent guy for a long time, I went from bittorrent to utorrent in '06. Not that I have not tried other torrents, but I always returned to utorrent. The have always worked for grate for me. if I had to install it on an old machine some kid had inherited or on a whole new machine, but where the owner was beginner to torrents as it is / was simple and easy to explain. But post 3.x, I started to become very disappointed not just new interface, and it is really not nice, neither visually or technically. But the μTorrent Plus thingy shows that the people behind utorrent make a Vuze'er fail in an attempt to make a little money. Do not let marketing people seduce you! It was Bill Hicks who compared marketing people to the devils spawn, and he was right. Had you smacked that horrible advertising up on your utorrent where the client was much better than it was just six months ago, then it had perhaps not been so repulsive. But here it is so obvious that all the good development now go to the new pay version. Without getting too technical, old bug has resurfaced and new has come, it always happen, but this time in embarrassing quantities.

You all do not know how sorry I am having to write all this and I hope I am wrong. But I do not, am I?

• 5 weeks later...
What really, really pissed me off is that the new UI was implemented in such way that it wiped out the information I've used for years, with no warning, with no recourse. This time, some programmer/designer literally FORCED his useless vision down our throats. It is akin to one day finding your car replaced with a new one that only drives backwards. It does the job somewhat, moving you through space, but you'll hate every second of it and the only thing you want to do is get rid of the damn thing.

You've captured my feelings perfectly.

Archived