uTorrent UI is getting worse by the version

toppatopvt

I just upgraded to version 3.1 build 26616. This one does not show the dates - I like to sort my titles by date and now I cant! Also it was useful before to see the number of seeds etc, now we just get the "bars" which is not very useful. Not sure what version I was on before but how do I get back to a version where the dates are displayed?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long term uTorrent user. Don't even remember since when I'm using it...just got updated to 3.1 and here is my feedback: Hire a 3 year old kid. Let him draw something on a paper. Make uTorrent look like that. It will be MORE USABLE than your current BULLSHIT UI.

Thanks.

/me goes to look for a new torrent client.

edit: Just logged in here to tell you this. Good luck with your journey to destroy uTorrent.

• 3 weeks later...

i've been using you torrent since around when it first came out and all i can say is i'm starting to hate it. i put up with it when the icons and everything changed in 2.2 to something stupid looking because hey its just icons and stuff and i could use the old skin. i put up with 3.0 cause i could still use the old skin and as annoying as the new features are i didn't feel like looking for a new torrent downloader. well i just upgraded to 3.1 and its gotten worse. adding advertising into a program like this is just wrong , the survey at the top is an eyesore that doesn't go away after you've tried to hide most of the garbage you guys've been adding in. the fact that this is supost to ( originally) be a nice small downloader and you guys keep adding junk into it tells me two things.. 1 its not the same downloader anymore and 2 its probly taking up more stuff than it used to. another issue is when you go to install it .. you get the stupid thing that pops in saying o do you wanna download me too (music) and o here please except making us your homepage and install our search bar .. a search bar i might remind you that you don't even need (or shouldn't) cause for the longest there been 1 built into utorrent... i could keep going but this just makes things worse cause i know you ppl wont be going back to good old utorrent or at least not in the future and i should probly look for one with a similar setup as i did when i 1st discovered utorrent sometime after turbotorrent died or disappeared years ago when i was new with torrents .. i chose utorrent over all the others cause it had a nice 'filing system/libary' look to it and it was nice and simple but adding all this junk in takes away from that simplicity and i don't wanna have to keep tweaking things to hide stuff with evry new version that comes.... if anyone accualy reads this and knows of a good download like 'classic' utorrent message me and let me know thanks

• 2 weeks later...
...i chose utorrent over all the others cause it had a nice 'filing system/libary' look to it and it was nice and simple but adding all this junk in takes away from that simplicity...

Agree. I still use and are very happy with 2.2.1 and seeing the peer lists of the downloads, there are far more 2.2.1 users than 3 out there. In the case of previous versions people upgraded more rapidly.

Enjoy your security holes then.

always run web browser, p2p client, pdf reader, java, web player or any old/unsecured software in virtual/sandbox environment & make sure IS/AV/AS/AM/OS is up to date plus reliable full registry backup (using erunt for eg) then u should be fine even w a few security hole here & there...

I have the latest utorrent 3.1 ( bulid 26650 ) man its slow. The speed of my downloads and uploads is like turtle on heat :) i rememebr my DL / UL use to be mega fast and quick now its takes 10-15 mins, before it was done in 2 mins max like a tv episode file 350MB and a movie file 2-3GB done in 8-10 mins sadly not anymore :( pls make the new utorrent faster and fastest this is not good at all im @ 100mbits speed do u know how fast is that for a home connection...i cud DL / UL in secs but with ur new version its just a lag!! Also where can i get the old version of utorrent like 2.0 which is reliable and genuine?? And which version do you guys think is the best to downgrade too i shall appreciate any help thanks Please dont say that 3.1 rocks cos' it doesn't!! :rolleyes:

I have the latest utorrent 3.1 ( bulid 26650 ) man its slow. The speed of my downloads and uploads is like turtle on heat :) i rememebr my DL / UL use to be mega fast and quick now its takes 10-15 mins, before it was done in 2 mins max like a tv episode file 350MB and a movie file 2-3GB done in 8-10 mins sadly not anymore :( pls make the new utorrent faster and fastest this is not good at all im @ 100mbits speed do u know how fast is that for a home connection...i cud DL / UL in secs but with ur new version its just a lag!! Also where can i get the old version of utorrent like 2.0 which is reliable and genuine?? And which version do you guys think is the best to downgrade too i shall appreciate any help thanks Please dont say that 3.1 rocks cos' it doesn't!! :rolleyes:

I find v2.0.4 to be the fastest and most stable. Every time I try to use v3 I just get upload speed issues and the new UI is just pants.

Its a real shame because I use the WebUI allot and using v2 of utorrent means that I dont have the latest API's so have less web features :(

• 4 weeks later...

I register just to say this.

New and Improved version 3.2 doesn't allow me to download part of a torrent. When I download a torrent we're just call "TV Show Season 1 and 2" the latest version starts downloading immediately - but what if I don't want that?

Version 2.2.1 allowed me to - with no special configuration at all - remove checks from various boxes. So I could (as I did recently) uncheck Season 1 entire and one check one episode show in Season 2. My 4 GB+ download is reduced to 300+ MB of what I wanted in the first place.

Plus seeders/leechers and other good stats are now hidden and what's replaced them isn't important at all.

Version 3.2 is the Vista of uTorrent - a misstep I hope they learn and recover from to release an even better version down the road.

Your statements are false.

I can easily download just part(s) of a torrent that I want.

I can (and do) see the statistics you site.

You expect that the default configuration to exactly match your preferences: that's pretty self centered.

Configure the client the way you want to.

If you don't know how, read some posts or RTFM.

Configure the client the way you want to.

Yes, that is a solution, but one that shouldn't take 30mins to an hour to do. (just upgraded to 3.1.2)

By the time you figure out where all the options are to disable all the 'fancy' stuff and find a skin and colour scheme that doesn't burn your eyes, you've wasted time that could have been used doing something else.

Needless to say, i'm not a fan of the new interface, and i culled the crap out of the useless UI elements.

@UI_Devs rant/feedback time! :o

One complaint is that a lot of the options to disable/enable features are not immediately obvious. e.g. it took me a couple minutes to find out how to disable the sidebar (not an option in preferences/UI like I would have thought), and swapping from the basic view is rather obscure as there's no text option in the menu or preferences.

Most of the complaints in this and other threads is not just because the gui has changed, but there is no immediately obvious/easy way to swap back to a similar interface that they are used to.

If that was fixed, less people would complain. :)

On another note, the current colour scheme is very eye burning and tends to have colours that blend together and make it really hard to make out whats happening. (The speed graph as an example)

I know it's been mentioned multiple times, but that is probably the one thing that absolutely needs to be reviewed and changed. (In my opinion.)

It's the first time i looked into skins/themes (didn't know they existed before today) as the default really hurt my eyes. :|

One thing that i do miss is the downloading/stopped/seeding arrow icons next to the name of the torrent. They were a nice touch, and it would be nice if they could be put back in. (possibly as an option in the details drop-down or in the UI preferences)

Also having the option to shrink the row height to how it was previously would be nice. It just feels like there's too much white-space (might just be a coder thing). Although this may not be possible with the new status bar. (is it possible to shrink it's height without obscuring the text?)

Would it be possible to have the ability to re-arrange the tabs on the details tab? (I personally don't like where the Files tab has been moved to :P)

Now, whether this is actually read by someone from the dev team, or just ignored, i figured i'd throw my opinion out there anyway.

I've used uTorrent for years, and i like it. All in all it's a good client, and i'd hate to see it turn into bloat-ware.

Cheers guys, keep up the good work. ;)

many thanks for input reguarding apps. As you say, easy. I also appologise to whoever I upset reguarding

asking if poss to go back to my original utorrent. I did not download a wrong site I upgraded as asked to do.At the moment the only difference is the colour. I can cope with that, but still prefer blue as it not so garrish..

I aso miss the arrows as they were a very good and east guide as to what was going on.

Archived