Port Forward Stopped Working

shakhawat

Hi!

After updating to uTorrent 3.0 my setup guide shows that my Port is not open. But it was working fine before updating to 3.0 I double checked my modem/router port forward settings and utorrent port number, PC Firewall etc. I use specific port number *4*29 (Not random).

Even tried with disabling firewall(PC+Router), but no luck. I can see in my network stats that my PC is connecting to others with that port, though utorrent is showing "Port Is not Open"

But I see the green check icon on status bar saying "Network OK"

How do I fix the problem?

i'm having a similar problem.i have utorrent 2.2.1 and last night i decided to change port from 6**** to 4***** so i found the port i want and i port forwarded my router but for some strange reason utorrent says that my port is closed.I've check my port through various on line port checkers and its wide open!even though i decided to check automatic port forwarding utorrent says that i can download but the port is closed.but my download/upload speed is fine and just like shakhawat the green check icon on status bar says "Network OK".what's going on?

for a second i thought it might be my isp or the router.but come on!suddenly my isp decided to put a proxy?that doesn't make sense.have you tried to completely uninstal and fresh install utorrent?

edit:i completely uninstalled and fresh installed damn thing still thinks i have proxy :mad:

It's not just uTorrent 3.0 and is probably every uTorrent build that uses this specific port checker. It's more likely that something external to uTorrent changed, like the port checker on the website. It returns 'proxy' for my uTorrent 2.2.1 build 25130.

had exactly the same thing with 2.2.21 and the 3.0 update. just came up with this error although nothing else had been changed.

check the up/down set rates-mine had been set at 22kb/s although previously at unlimited

check no. of up/downloads limit-mine had been reset to 1

don't have a clue ho wthese changes came about but resetting rates to unlimited and no. of loads to 5 seemed to cur eth error and resumed seeding.

anybody any ideas why these defaults were changed?

The same for me.

Setup Guide suddenly reported that red X, meaning there is no open port.

The port is manually set by me on router and uTorrent.

I upgraded, same behavior. After reading this post I noticed that I have the "proxy detected" line, too.

Log file lists:

- Checking for forwarded port

- Port Forward test complete. Results: Proxy detected. Results inconclusive.

- Checking auto portmap configuration ...

- Neither NAT-PMP nor UPnP is enabled. Please check your preferences.

I tried everything:

1. Created new rules with other ports on router and tested. No luck.

2. Connected to another ISP (with different router, created rules there,too). No luck.

3. Restarted many times the uTorrent application, the PC, the routers. No luck.

The PC runs Windows XP. Firewall had some rules, to permit uTorrent traffic. Currently, I have uninstalled firewall, to be sure that this is not interfering. Windows XP Firewall is turned off.

I have made many tests to ensure that both firewalls (on different ISPs) forward to the appropriate port, both TCP and UDP. I checked with the above mentioned (from other users) links and I checked with specific applications. I also tried (after exiting uTorrent) another P2P program set to the same port. Both TCP and UDP port forwarding is reported ok and it works fine!!!

Is it ISP filtering? I doubt it since I don't think both ISPs would suddenly start traffic shaping. I've tried to enable or force protocol encryption and disable incoming legacy connections. Again, no luck.

Any ideas?

I tried what zorba the greek suggested, again, nothing changed.

In Preferences there is no proxy declared (Type = none).

What does the message "Results: Proxy detected.." mean? Is it that it detected that the packets are actually transmitted through a proxy?

probably yeah.but we don't have proxy..i tried vuze and bittornado and both of them said my port is fine.and since we still have the green check icon than port checker is the one to blame but how do we fix it?i think the whole situation effects my upload speed.feels a little unstable.i don't know maybe i'm paranoid..

I seem to be having the same issue.

-All rules are up to date for port forwarding.

-The port reports open using: http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and the PFPortChecker app.

-Tried completely disabling the Windows Firewall.

-Tried changing port that uTorrent uses.

-Restarted machine / rebooted router...

I'm also getting proxy detected / results inconclusive message in the log and I don't have a proxy setup. My internet service is Uverse btw.

I have the same problem here! I have Windows Home Premium 64-Bit.

I have uTorrent 3.0 beta (build 25406).

- Checking for forwarded port

- Port Forward test complete. Results: Proxy detected. Results inconclusive.

- Checking auto portmap configuration ...

- Results: Port is not open (you are still able to download).

PFPortChecker says the port is open.

I thought I'm the only one with this problem. But after reading this page it's seems that I'm not. Absolutely the same problem as described above.

- everything works nice before

- after opening port in my router every port checker says it's open only utorrent setup guide not

- speeds are nice (despite utorrent claims opposite)

It looks like some strange bug...

EDIT: I'm getting that Proxy detection in log too but I don't have any.

Archived