Port Forward Stopped Working

shakhawat

Anyone have the proxy setting checked in IE Unter tools, Internet Options, on the connections tab? Should be found under a button called lan settings. Some IE updates have been known to turn this on. Even if you're not using IE check from control panel, Internet options, etc.

Anyone have the proxy setting checked in IE Unter tools, Internet Options, on the connections tab? Should be found under a button called lan settings. Some IE updates have been known to turn this on. Even if you're not using IE check from control panel, Internet options, etc.

checked.no proxy..

I think i solved it, i had the same problem, when i did the connection guide it always said that my port was not open even if it is. So i tried lots of different stuff but nothing worked, untill i tried something that DreadWingKnight wrote in another topic:

shut down uTorrent, delete/remove settings.dat (and all variations of settings.<whatever>) from %appdata%\utorrent and restart

After i did that and started up Utorrent again i was able to seed again!

Hope this helps some of you guys with your problems.

I think i solved it, i had the same problem, when i did the connection guide it always said that my port was not open even if it is. So i tried lots of different stuff but nothing worked, untill i tried something that DreadWingKnight wrote in another topic:

shut down uTorrent, delete/remove settings.dat (and all variations of settings.<whatever>) from %appdata%\utorrent and restart

After i did that and started up Utorrent again i was able to seed again!

Hope this helps some of you guys with your problems.

tried it and it didn't work...i'm glad that it worked for you.

I have the same problem here. I am a long time Vuze user that wanted to switch to uTorrent on my brand new Windows 7 Professional 64 bit system. I initially thought it was a Windows 7 issue, until I installed another application that uses forwarded incoming ports and that did work. I've spend hours looking into network/firewall settings before I found out other users have the same problem and it was just uTorrent that has this issue.

I deleted settings.dat to no avail. But if I start uTorrent as administrator I have incoming connections on the torrents I seed and I upload at max speed, but in the setup guide screen it still doesn't work.

You need to stop worrying about this "problem" until the port checker app at uTorrent.com is fixed. It's falsely detecting a proxy and assuming the port is closed because of that. Meanwhile, rely on http://www.canyouseeme.org, http://www.whatsmyip.org/ports and believe the white checkmark superimposed over a green circle in uTorrent's Status Bar (F6). If you're getting incoming connections then it doesn't matter what a port checker says, since we have proof they don't always give the correct results.

You need to stop worrying about this "problem" until the port checker app at uTorrent.com is fixed. It's falsely detecting a proxy and assuming the port is closed because of that. Meanwhile, rely on http://www.canyouseeme.org, http://www.whatsmyip.org/ports and believe the white checkmark superimposed over a green circle in uTorrent's Status Bar (F6). If you're getting incoming connections then it doesn't matter what a port checker says, since we have proof they don't always give the correct results.

I also get the green check mark, however nothing will seed. unless nobody is leeching off of me. This problem started for me the other day, I went through all the steps listed on www.portforward.com and countless other message boards to no avail for hours...Then all of a sudden utorrent said that my port was open!!! :lol: I unfortunately don't recall what I did differently after numerous attempts, but I couldn't have been any happier. www.canyouseeme.org said I was in the clear and so did the pfportchecker. Went to sleep, woke up...utorrent says it's not open anymore...but everything else is giving me thumbs up.

Archived