uTorrent makes port un-forwarded?

PcNy

Hello, I'm having a problem when trying to forward a port. I'm using Zyxel 1-Port Wifi router.

After I set a port forward option in router for example; port 55555, I come back to PFPortChecker and check whether port 55555 is forwarded properly. I checked several times, and PFPortChecker always gave me a result of success.

But the problem arise when I start uTorrent and set the port to 55555 and check the port with PFPortChecker again. Now, PFPortChecker often gave me a result of failure. Let's say 80% of test told me that the port is not properly forwarded and only 20% of test told me it's successful.

When I check port forward with uTorrent, it always said that the port is not forwarded.

I have this issue for a long time, and it seems no way to fix for me so I decided to post it here :(

Disabled UPnP in uT and restarted the router. And UPnP function in my router is disabled (by default).

uT still report that the port is not open while canyouseeme gives result of success.

What about NAT-PMP function in uT. It is enabled (by default) for me. Do I have to disable it?

It's seems this problem is common...

see this thread:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=594926

I'm having the same problem all port checkers says everything is open and forwarded but utorrent not. And of course that strange log says that proxy is detected but I don't use any proxy for 100%

Yes, I tried everything but it seems no hope for me to make uT report port is open.

I think it is uTorrent false report.

If canyouseeme gives success while uT is on then good. It should fail or report closed when uT is closed.

All online checkers works nice including this one. If it's false report and my port is open I don't care for this "cosmetic" bug. But thanks for you help.

If canyouseeme gives success while uT is on then good. It should fail or report closed when uT is closed.

tried it.when utorrent is on/canyouseeme says open port and utorrent is off/canyouseeme says closed port but still this stupid bug is driving me crazy!

Archived