Failed Bandwith test

bluesman1

I'm sure this is a frequently cited problem, but I couldn't find an answer elsewhere. I recently installed uTorrent and when I ran the Bandwith test, it failed after several attempts. Being closest to New York, I tried both choices offered, still no go. My provider is Comcast cable, which is supposed to be pretty high speed (I'm not very technical). I'm using Micrsoft 7 operating system. Following the suggestions at Options>Preferences>BitTorrent, I set outgoing Protocol Encryption to Enable and checked "Allow incoming legacy connections." Still a "fail". I'd be most grateful if someone could offer a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

I went to speakeasy.net and speedtest.net. They gave me readings of

DL: 28.91 and 30.48 Mbps, respectively

UL: 3.60, both

Since the uTorrent speed test drop down menu gave me the option of manually selecting either 2 or 5 UL speeds, I tried both. Still got a fail. Any suggestions for other ways to a solution?

Recently I bought an external hard drive and the first thing I did was I installed u Torrent 3.0 and downloaded quite a few movies with very good quality. But after reading one of the posts re. speed test I also tried to run speed test but it failed every time. I couldn't set event a reasonably nearest location as I live in South Asia.

I want to know the meaning of what it shows ( below) when I open the set up guide:

UL : 0.0 kb/s

Connections ( per torrent) 50

max active torrent 8

max active downloads 5

connections ( global) 200

upload slots 4

Pls someone tell me do I have to pass the speed test? It takes 5-6 hours to download a movie though. But hey.. I have other works to do too.. I cannot watch 5-6 movies a day. But any other solution or suggestion to make it faster is very much welcome.

Let me know if you need any other information from me. :)

I'm sorry I misunderstood your meaning. As I said, I'm not all that technical. I used the results of the tests gotten from the sites you gave me , entered and saved my UL speed (it's the only one the setup apparently asks for). I then went to the search feature, entered the name of a song--Stairway to Heaven--hit search and wound up with a list of mainly commercial websites where you can download that song--if you subscribe to their music sharing business. I could have gotten the same results if I had used Google.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to get uTorrent properly set up so I can execute a search and have the uTorrent client identify files on other people's hard drives that I can then download without having to go to commercial music sharing websites. What am I failing to do in order to get the uTorrent client properly set up?

Like "Limewire"--yep, that's pretty much what I was expecting, only without all the viruses. So, are you saying that uTorrent is designed to be used as a means to manage only the files I pay for and download from commercial mp3 distribution sites? I recently met someone who is a fellow blues lover. He told me he's loaded tons of blues files for years--virtually all for free. And I'm pretty sure he said he uses uTorrent.

Archived