Some torrents not moved to competed directory

Blinding

Utorrent 3.0 XP pro

[i thought this was my mistake because the files eventually appeared in the completed directory. But that was hours later and I am observing this happen right now with more downloads.]

I have the option set to move completed torrents to a new directory, actually a different file system. Sometimes the torrent is not moved. The torrent that completed before it and the one after were both moved. There were no issues with disk space or permissions. Nothing in the log. Didn't it used to log when a torrent completed? There was nothing out of the ordinary about the torrents that didn't move and I was not on the computer when this happened so it wasn't something I did.

This is not a huge problem. The torrent still exists in the download directory and an "open containing folder" goes there. I have the completed torrents on another filesystem for two reasons. One is that I was able to make use of a spare partition to expand the space and the other is file fragmentation does not build up.

Also, 3.0 is still reporting the torrent as completed before it moves it to the completed directory. If it pops up notifying me that a torrent is done and I click on the popup then I get to see the folder and watch the files disappear from it as they are moved to the completed folder.

I have gone over what happened and this is weird. Utorrent showed the torrent as completed. The torrents were still in the "current" directory, not the "completed". Then, hours later, both of them were moved to the completed directory.

I will try to see if I can catch it doing this again.

• 1 month later...

I am looking at an instance right now. The torrent is 100% complete and is currently in the "queued seed" state. It never got moved to the completed directory. If it behaves like the others it will eventually move it.

Any ideas on what would delay moving the torrent to the completed directory?

• 1 month later...

First post here, stumbled on this thread using Google, searching for an answer.

I'm using Win7 64-bit, uTorrent 3.0 build 25683; NONE of my torrent files get moved after the download is complete. I've used multiple versions of uTorrent over several years & haven't had this problem; I've played with all the settings in "Directories" to no avail. Hoping that this will be addressed in the next version...

Greetings,

I have a similar problem. I have two separate directories: new downloads are in a directory that is not backed up. Completed downloads are backed up.

Probably 90% of completed torrents are moved to the completed directory, but about 10% of them are not moved - and I don't know why.

Shane.

• 2 months later...

I think I have figured out the why my completed torrents are not being moved to the completed directory.

If the queuing is such that when the torrent completes it goes into the "Queued Send" state, then the move is not done. If the queuing limits allow it to go into the "sending" state then it does move.

Put more simply while in the queued send state the torrent is idle and no work, including the move to the completed directory, is done. I was able to verify this just now. When the torrent completed there was another torrent waiting to start. Thus the queue was full with downloads and the completed torrent could not go into the seeding mode as is more common. When I did a "forced start" on the torrent it immediately went to the "moving" status.

This also explains why eventually, sometimes hours later, the torrent will move. At some point it does go into the seeding state and at that point it "notices" that the move needs to be done and completes it.

I think that the correct fix for this is to not consider the download complete until the move is done. Don't change the work state to queued seed and don't pop up the notification that the torrent is done until the move is complete.

Archived