The very tiny bittorrent client gets bloat, 30% CPU usage constantly

oddible

• 1 month later...

Not it. uTorrent 3.0 is a huge CPU hog. I've turned off both my firewall and AV and the same issue persists. Sometimes it happens right away after I boot my computer and stays super high 80-95% CPU for 5-10 min. Other times after it has been on for about 10 min it starts going haywire and consumes about 30% continuously for as long as I leave it running.

The 2.x uTorrent never did this. Unfortunately this is a untenable situation - really need help here because this will unfortunately make me abandon this app.

Yea utorrent 3 does this for some reason

I think there is like similar to a memory leak or something as time goes the cpu useage increases constantly.

between that and bencoding errors I downgraded back to 2.2.1 which worked perfectly and isn't bloated

Yeah I'm going to do the same. 3 is unusable, it has no features I need, features that make things cumbersome for me (multi-categorization - with no 'watched' flag) and this problem with CPU usage. It doesn't seem like a memory leak, it is CPU. It is doing something in the background even with all spyware / anti-virus / firewall stuff turned off. I don't have time to troubleshoot it.

Archived