questions regarding btguard

reesemitchell

Hello, everyone first thank you for reading my post.

My questions are: If I let utorrent through windows firewall, but I am using btguard proxy, is my data still anonymous? example: If enable upnp port maping, enable nat-pmp port mapping, and add windows firewall exception are all checked, will I still be anonymous? Will my uploading and downloading go through btguard

and mask my ip address.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Yes in theory it will be and you can check it on their site by downloading this file through utorrent and it will show your new IP under the peers list.

it works but be prepared for significant reduction in your download/upload speeds.

I tried it and got rid of it after 2 days as my speeds went from 1MB+ to 250-300kbs max

Good luck

Thank you so much for the fast reply. What I am more concerned about is uploading more than downloading, because the "test torrent" they give you to try does not upload from you. It only downloads so I was wondering what happen to data that is being uploaded and Is it all passing through their proxy servers? Would you recommend checking in the check box? Will I still be anonymous?: upnp port maping, enable nat-pmp port mapping, and add windows firewall exception? Sorry I am a Noob.

Note: I do not care about being anonymous to my ip just the rest of the world.

Thank you guys so much for your help it means a lot!

• 4 months later...

Archived