Download would not start unless it's in the top of the queue

Pinoy Programmer

Problem:

-------------------------------

Download would not start unless it's in the top of the queue It doesn't happen all the time. It only happens if I have the following conditions:

1. All downloads are paused. (I have 11 downloads paused)

2. You unpaused a download. (I unpaused the 9th on the list)

At this point the download will remain on queue.

3. You move the unpaused download to the top of the list. Download will start.

4. Status of the download will depend on queue settings. (Mine is set to maximum of 1 active download)

5. Change active downloads and active torrents to 2.

6. Move the current download to 2nd on the list. Download will continue.

7. Move the current download to 3rd on the list. Download will halt. Status of current download will be queue while all other downloads are still paused.

At this point, I have 10 paused downloads and 1 active (downloading) download. Current download is 2nd from the list. Settings for active torrents and active downloads are both set to 2.

8. Close uTorrent application and open it up again (restart uTorrent application).

9. Upon restarting, all paused downloads are now queued.

At this point I want to test if the bug will exist if there is 1 item on queue while 1 item is still downloading and all other downloads are paused.

10. Set active downloads and active torrents to 1.

11. Move current download to first in the list.

12. Unpaused one of the items list (I unpaused the 10th download). Download status will change to queue.

13. Restart uTorrent.

14. After restarting, the queued download remained queued, active download remain active, while the paused downloads are now queued.

Expected Results:

1. When all downloads are paused and when an item is unpaused (regardless of its position/order in the list), the unpaused item will start downloading immediately since it is the only item that is active.

2. State of paused downloads will remain paused even after restarting the application.

uTorrent version: 3.0 (build 25406) [32-bit]

Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Try using stop instead of pause.

Additionally, the "pause" state is NOT retained across sessions.

Thanks, DreadWingKnight. I'm realizing that now and even the logic behind using Pause versus Stop. This would answer the second dilemma but, if that same statement would be true in the primary problem (queue), then there would be no need for a pause (or at least make it depend on active torrents/downloads).

With the first problem, I see no reason why queue should not start unless you use stop. If there is a valid point to this, then it would be better to disable the start button or disengage the queue status if all status of active torrents are paused and that the item being unpaused would not or should not be unpaused.

Archived