uT - it's a new piece of...

abc00

Dear BitTorrent development please leave this client and stop destroy µT,

before we, the users will stop using it by your strange changes, and your policy.

We really don't need all new exotic features which only destroy this program

and which is increasingly difficult to disable all of it. We don't need all your

scam, toolbars and other uncool, suspicious options and components :/

We want back small, stable, fast and safety client! We want back old µT!

In short, it means that we don't need here a second BitTorrent, which has

become one big mistake, now with every new version, µT more conformed to him.

Sorry, but this is sad truth.

If you like this idea, feel free add your post here [ :

I'm also starting to sense that vibe. But considering that the label that's plastered on the right of this very page it's not terribly surprising. Instead of focusing on technology(i.e. uTP for 2.0) they've decided that marketing and enough shiny and flashy is better. I can see how that might appeal to the masses of braindead sheep-of-a-users out there, but that's not really the point of the program. Not originally anyway.

Support is also down the drain recently. Out of the 3 threads I started recently, neither has but a single response!

As it were:

"You've lost your way, young grasshoppa..."

Hi, i understand torrent sharing, but i'm having 1...just ONE PROBLEM! And i really want to resolve the problem, the PROBLEM is that after i download a complete torrent, i try and open the file or (program) i downloaded but i get this error message, "Error, The Setup files are corrupted, please obtain a new copy of the program." And i have tried downloading any thing torrent and get the same message, and even downloading the same program from different places but still get the message, can somebody please help or direct me to someone who can, :( thanks.

Sirs, I currently have the uT 2.2.1 version and to date have had zero problems.

Admittedly, I know very little of the complexities mentioned by yourselves but, should I stick

to the theory that..If it aint F####d, Don't fix it..and resist the urge to upgrade ?

• 2 months later...
a tiny +1 to the clean and simple BT experience - clean torrent list with list of the contents without apps, ability to stream and all that hussle...

So.... just disable them. It's not rocket wizardry.

Good luck finding a client that does what you think a client should do, and be SMALLER (or lighter) than µtorrent.....

• 2 weeks later...

Tried 3.0. Deleted it. 2.2.1 works great. Maybe 4.0 will be better IF it looks like 2.2. When I want a player, I'll download and start a player. Till 3.0 uTorrent was clean, functional, and easy to use. So much utility was abandoned in 3.0 that I felt it had been deliberately crippled.

NOTE TO ALL DEVELOPERS: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Do not change an interface that it functional. No one wants to learn a new one that really is no better than the old one.

It is possible to improve your product to oblivion. Just keep changing what works.

I agree with simplicity, a way to not see unneeded features or remove & move unwanted tabs or "sidebars" in 3.x, i think Apps or Search or Devices could someday meet a need i have, but until then i'd just like to completely disappear that whole new feature thing. 3.0 moved the Files Tab to the far left for some season, i would like to move it back, but i cannot move the tabs - other programs feature a click-drag move of tabs, that's what i'd like to get in 3.x. Lastly, i'd like to be able to change the default colors of the torrent progress bars in 3.x, a small change, but makes me happy.

I don't normally complain about new versions of software as in general they are improvements to the older versions. The new v3 release in my opinion is a step backwards from v2.21 that I have gone back to.

For one the "Trackers" tab is gone in v3. Why you would want to take away the users ability to choose/view or disable trackers is beyond me but hey I'm just the end user. Does ANYONE using v3 not want to have the trackers tab back? It's a small point but I don't care for the new interface design. I see from blog chatter I'm not in the minority. If the developers are listening please ADD more OPTIONS to those that were in v2.2.1 and I stressed OPTIONS because I want a choice to enable or disable feature.

For one the "Trackers" tab is gone in v3.

You mean turned off by default, NOT GONE.

Seriously. If you're going to make a claim, make it provable.

Right-click the tabs you do have.

I didn't know about the right click option. I'm sorry you're having such a bad day/week/month/year/life.

No need to be so terse and rude. Now I understand the disclaimer under your username.

We should keep all this a forum of feedback, people reading this should take all this as feedback, we cannot justify complaining about something we did not submit code for or help others who did to write, and obviously many many hours of skilled programming has gone into uTorrent 2.x & 3.x.

I think we'd just like to not lose what 2.x has been become for us as 3.x evolves, so we should all have some tone of respect, gratitude, & appreciation for what uTorrent is giving/has given everyone, and maybe we'll find a way to make even more people happy, imho.

My feedback is that 3.0 is a total failure.

I decided to upgrade from 1.6 to the latest version and the first thing I did was to check if I was really running uT. During the install I have to disable "free download" offers, deselect changes to my default homepage and search engine and the browserbar; all those things I typically associate with spy/adware.

Then there's the new UI with featured content and apps. The slim and simple interface is gone. I clicked around a little, but just cannot feel at home with the new UI, so I'll keep my old version. I also noticed network traffic during startup without any torrent loaded. I didn't bother to investigate and simple shut down the VM I used for testing. The new UI is worse than possible bugs in the old version.

For now, I'll stick with 1.6 and if for some reason one day it won't work anymore, I'll look for another client; something I'll suggest to my friends too. uT has gone downhill since it was sold, which is sad to see.

My feedback is that 3.0 is a total failure.

I decided to upgrade from 1.6 to the latest version and the first thing I did was to check if I was really running uT. During the install I have to disable "free download" offers, deselect changes to my default homepage and search engine and the browserbar; all those things I typically associate with spy/adware.

Then there's the new UI with featured content and apps. The slim and simple interface is gone. I clicked around a little, but just cannot feel at home with the new UI, so I'll keep my old version. I also noticed network traffic during startup without any torrent loaded. I didn't bother to investigate and simple shut down the VM I used for testing. The new UI is worse than possible bugs in the old version.

There's no 'possible' about it. They're there and well documented.

I think the most telling part is "I didn't bother to investigate" otherwise known as 'thinking ... HARD

The traffic would have been DHT starting up, maybe update checking.

The interface is easy to revert to how you like (it's how mine's set up)

All in all, your complaints boil down to 'too lazy'

BTW ,I love the claim it 'went downhill since it was sold', so why don't you use a pre-BT In.c version then?

Archived