Download slows drastically as it nears completion?

RhapsodyAvalont

I don't recall having this problem with utorrent or when download files from this particular torrent before. Even downloading all the files in it at once went fine. But then I needed to download the files again, and the same thing keeps happening. No matter how many files I'm downloading, the download goes pretty fast until it gets to about 97%. Then, the download mostly stays around 0.6 kb/s. Any idea what's causing it?

I also agree with DreadWingKnight. You need to understand how torrents work, and how they are different from a direct download, or you're going to continue to not understand this issue.

Torrents work by splitting up the file into thousands of pieces, with you downloading pieces from different users. At the beginning, you have 0% of the file, so every single person you are connected to has at least one piece that you don't, so you can easily download these first pieces. When you get up to 97%, that means you only have 3% of the file remaining, and it is a VERY SPECIFIC 3%. I think that is where your confusion lies. You can't download a random 3% from some other user, you need the exact piece you're looking for, and according to what you posted from utorrent, you have one other person available.

Archived