Seeding With Utorrent....HELP!

RazUt

Hi there. I am super new to the word 'torrent' and only just recently downloaded a few movies successfully to my computer. However i feel really selfish as i think i am becoming what you may call a 'leech' where i am just taking all the files people have uploaded and closing the torrents - instead of sharing with others. My issue is this: I want to seed my torrent files i have downloaded to give back to the community, but it doesnt seem to be working. It says the two files are seeding, but it aint uploading anything! For example: "Uploaded : 0 B. Upload Speed: 0. kB/s"

Really confused and stuck on what to do.. What's really weird is that the first torrent file started to seed and uploaded 16.3MB of data back (it is a 3GB file) but then just spontaneously stopped uploading. Now both the files i want to seed have just a static response saying that they are seeding (in a red bar) when in reality they haven't moved for about 12 hours... By the way i'm using utorrent 3.0 and i am really confused with the options... HELP!

Thanks and it'll be great if you can get back to me on the issue.

thank you grandwazoo for the reply. However i don't think this is the real problem. Yesterday i downloaded a movie file and it had like 28 seeds and 12 peers. Download was fine, and it was uploading fine too, however as soon as the download had finished, I tried to seed and all my peers were gone as in there was "0 (0)" under the peers section. Seriously need help in figuring out what's going wrong:(

Archived