Weird Issue with peers staying connected while seeding

wzee

Alright, first off, I was on a connection with Eastlink in Atlantic canada recently and was able to torrent, at a decent downspeed but I was unable as it was a cable connection to upload at a very fast rate (limited to about 20kb/s to prevent killing my internet) However, I recently switched to the Bell Aliant FibreOP package, and I want to take advantage and give back all the years of 2MB/s down and only 20k up to the various swarms I've been apart of, however, this is proving to be difficult.

Essentially, I am able to download fine still, and connect to peers, however the upload speeds very rarely go above 40 or 50kb/s which is weird as I was on a public VODO torrent with over 20000 peers. However, as soon as it switches to just seeding to others, I am unable to keep a connection open, below I have included a log file to hopefully help find the issue.

As well, I have forwarded the port on my router I am using, and tested it through the in-client check, as well as a open port check and they both post back successful. I'm stumped.

http://pastebin.com/rLKeE35z (log)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Unfortunately if this was the only issue then the under-seeded torrents would connect fine as well. In a torrent with only 80 connections where only 5 of us had the completed file I was also unable to connect.

Maybe I should clarify, When my status for a torrent says "Seeding" The Up Speed column never goes above 1kb. (overhead I'm assuming? as it seems to match up with the O: value in the upload area in the bottom right.)

It doesn't matter if the torrent has 100 people on it or 35000 people.

wzee i am also having the same issue...whenever i download a torrent...download works fine and i am also connected to peers..but as soon as my dld is completed my peers disconnect and i can't upload..sometimes a peer may come for 5-6 secs and then he'll again disconnect....have no issues with downloading....this seems to be happening on many torrents so the problem is hard to narrow down

Archived