[Icon] Simple, attractive

Blackice

hmmmm...not sure how I feel about this logo. No color to it and what's that dripping from the "u"?

The drip comes from the letter being the lowercase Greek "mu", or µ, as in µTorrent (we normally just write "uTorrent" with a u because it's quicker and doesn't need foreign-language support). When put in front of a measuring unit, µ means "micro." For example, µm means micrometers.

Er, unless you were asking more about the artistic reasons... :P

lol...No, I meant the artistic choice for it to look like a drip.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hah who needs to type it? Just copy and paste from the top of the page =]
utorrent.com

Forum for µTorrent users

lol thats exactely what i do.

The MS Royale theme doesn't need to be patched.

It's the Windows XP Media Center Edition default theme and works right out of the box on any XP system.

i know im using the royal theme this very second. it wasnt infact the royale theme anyway it was the luna elements theme.

i'm hoping we could get this official

although the icon you have created is nice, its far to bland and colourless for my liking. I am also not a huge fan of that drip on the µ

• 4 weeks later...
its perfect..

except for 16x16 version

( left side seems too flat, on right side that shadow doesnt look too good )

maybe it looks fine on dark background.. but it wont look nice in tray or detailed directory with white background and 16x16 icons

http://149.156.96.37/~joe/utorrent/uicon.png

that's because the icon packager sucks i fixed it just ask if you want the update

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Since this has been bumped, I'll take this opportunity to say I've used this from the day Blackice made it available.

I used it in the main and system tray for a good long time :) With 1.5's release I've reverted to the default for now, since it finally looks presentable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey, this is the only icon i like for u torrent. But i dont know how to apply it. I click properties on the u torrent icon and click change icon. I then specify the file and it says not a valid file type, Or something like that. Also does the icon resize cus i cant seem to download the file either. I want a normal sized icon. Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived