Where does uTorrent store its settings?

Zinedin

Hi there!

Does anyone know where uTorrent is storing the settings? I ask because I had version 2.2.1 installed but I had to reinstall Windows Vista 64-bit. Now I would like to restore my old uTorrent settings. Is this possible? I do have a recent backup of my old system partition. I am using version 3.0 right now, will the old 2.2.1 version settings be compatible with version 3.0? I did notice that version 3.0 have received some major changes.

Thank you in advance!

Thank you!

In the mean time I have found the answer to this same question on the FAQ. I should have read the FAQ before posting, I know. I just felt like I needed a quick answer and I wasn't expecting to find it there.

Link: http://user.utorrent.com/help/faq/installation

Thanks for your input though regarding 2.2.1 and 3.0 compatibility. I have a small question though, can you define "column header"? Where is this?

While we are still talking about this subject. I have already installed 3.0 and I do have a copy of my old uTorrent folder since I have a backup of the whole partition. These are the contents.

apps
dlimagecache
apps.btapp
dht.dat
dht.dat.old
resume.dat
resume.dat.old
rss.dat
rss.dat.old
settings.dat
settings.dat.old
Toolbar.bmp
utorrent.chm
utorrent.lng
utorrent-204-22150.chm
utorrent-help.zip

Do you see any irregularities here? Can I just merge all of this to the new uTorrent folder, or is there anything I should remove first? Like, for instance, maybe the Toolbar.bmp file is unnecessary? I noticed that there is a theme selector now in 3.0.

I copied only resume.dat, resume.dat.old and settings.dat, settings.dat.old. My settings are back now, and my old torrents are back.

However, I had already downloaded some new torrents with 3.0 version. These are now gone since the old resume.dat replaced the new resume.dat file. I saw no way of merging these two. But I didn't have many new torrents in it so it's no big deal, I can add these to the current resume.dat file.

The Toolbar.bmp file is compatible with 3.0 except for the buttons 'µTorrent Remote' and 'Send' buttons which are new to version 3.0.

I understand now what you meant by "column header". Sorry! :D I didn't notice it first because I didn't expect it, but the columns in the main window do seem to have been re-arranged, but I do not have all of them active as I had before.

Thanks!

Archived