Small bug causes freeze

View

When scrolling through the integrated comments in the ratings tab of uTorrent, there's something wrong that freezes it. This only pertains to one torrent that I have discovered has this problem so far: Crysis Special Edition (I have purchased this game legitimately, I needed original files that I have no other access to since I have lost my discs)

Just thought I'd mention it.

P.S. something tells me it has trouble displaying more than 20 messages. I tried to post another message but it doesn't show up and freezes like I mentioned when I scroll down it.

Yes it does. Last I checked, my comment got through albeit slower than any other torrent. It's at 24 comments.

Icon tray is unresponsive, application is unresponsive, only way to close it out is to x it out and force quit or kill the process through task manager.

• 4 weeks later...

Could you guys provide dumps for this? in Task Manager, go to the processes tab, right click on utorrent.exe and hit Create Dump File. Compress and upload it somewhere.

I particularly want to see a dump from you, rohagymeg, since that's a separate problem and harder to reproduce.

This will help us fix the issue. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

A real problem this time and another thread that ends without satisfaction. This just happened to me for the first time where when I click on the ratings tab for a torrent and it freezes all of utorrent. Another torrent that I have right now freezes it when I scroll down the comments and not very far down. I've looked at lots of comments on that tab with other torrents and never has this happened. I imagine there is not a simple way to fix this on my end so I guess I am just wondering if there has been progress. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

The comments window bug is still there. I'll try to describe it the best I can:

For example I have a torrent running where there are 35 comments.

There are 3 ways to use the scrolling there:

- Conventional left-clicking and dragging, or clicking on the arrows - no bug

- Using mouse wheel - the whole comments window's background becomes black and sometimes goes back to the original background after scrolling again. While in this black mode, I can still see the comments because the background for the comment texts are white. Here is the screenshot:

k97xwj.jpg

- The third way to scroll is to click on a comment and drag the mouse up or down. This seems to work well, but I'm not 100% sure, because once it happened with this type of scrolling too.

I'm using win7 32bit

Archived